New Scam?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
This is a copy of the complete email that I received today. Has anyone else been contacted by the "FBI" this way? Could it possibly be a scam?:dance:

Att:

This message is regarding the verification about the prize you won from sweepstakes.Get back to us.

Special Agent Brian Lamkin
Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Never heard of that special agent. I get e-mails almost every day from Mr. Robert Mueller, director of the FBI, telling me that my funds from Nigeria have been cleared and ready for my pickup.

It is sort of like having the local archbishop vouch for Satanists International.

I suppose your local FBI field office would be able to verify it for you - once they stopped laughing.

Amethyst

I'm waiting on one from a Special Agent Rossi of the TV show "Criminal Minds" :LOL:

I spent some time reading 419eaters blog ... they do a amazing public service scamming the scammers. Sending them on "cash-chops" all over Nigera. Wasting the scammers time and money.

One sorry scammer was left stranded crying in the middle of nowhere - having sold his Iphone - with only minutes left on a disposable phone ... great stuff.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, some fellow published a small book or article of his e-mails back and forth with a Nigerian scammer. it is hilarious! As I recall, they got into discussions about how many goats the Nigerian could provide him for a family project.

When I was working in the Fraud Section there were a couple of U.S. Secret Service agents in our office as part of a fraud task force. One of them went to Nigeria for a couple of months and the tales he could tell!

Apparently scamming there is akin to a national sport, much like football is here, mixed in with family and tribal loyalties. So don't take it personally. To them the entire world is fair game, and if one out of 10,000 takes the bait they won.

Back
Top Bottom