Poll: Are You Staying Up For The Election Coverage?

Are You Staying Up For The Election Coverage?

• Yes - I like to watch, blow by blow

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • No - I can wait

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • I'm undecided :-)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Along the same lines as the have you voted poll, another question is are you staying up (possbily all night) to watch the election coverage despite the possibility of not having all the ballots counted by the next morning?

Ooops..of course it should read "undecided" not "indecided" :blush:

Last edited:
Since I'm on the west coast I'll be awake till a few hours after the polls close here at 8pm PT.

Not sure if it will be called that soon. some of the swing states are going to take a while to tally/report final results. I expect a few recount situations.

I fixed the spelling for you.

I'll be staying up and watching. Though I very well could be wrong, I think the election will be called (which side, anybody's guess) before the wee hours are over by a surprise state or two which turn out as not expected.

I'm a political junkie so I will be staying up to watch the late returns including major races from other states as well as checking on line for results.

Watching it in real time won't change anything, so why stay up? I assume the results will be the same the next day, and every day thereafter...

I'll stay up and watch the election coverage until my regular bedtime.

I'll probably half way pay attention. At least till 11 pm Eastern or so.

From what I have seen, all of the high electoral college value swing states are scheduled to have polls close by 7:30 pm eastern. So the presidential race might very well be called by 9 or 10 pm depending on how those states swing, and once we see some of the central/mountain results come in.

Surely you jest.

Other than voting, I will not spend one second of my life on the blathering of overpaid pundits guessing.

When the counts are done, I am sure someone will tell me the outcome.

One of the reasons that many Hawaii residents claim that they don't vote is because the media's election exit pollsters call the contest before the polls are even close to closing here.

If the results are in by 8 PM HST (1 AM EST) then great. I'll follow a news website. If not, I'll catch up tomorrow.

Or wait for however long it takes some governmental authority to declare a victor.

I'll stay up watching election coverage until I fall asleep on the couch with tv on. When I wake up it will probably be over.

Or wait for however long it takes some governmental authority to declare a victor.

All that quality time on a submarine must have provided you with extraordinary patience, Nords.

Wikipedia:
The Twelfth Amendment mandates that the Congress assemble in joint session to count the electoral votes and declare the winners of the election. The session is ordinarily required to take place on January 6 in the calendar year immediately following the meetings of the presidential electors.

I'll be in the Czech Republic so If I tune in the news early Wednesday morning the winner should be declared about that time.

There will possibly be bad news for the political junkies from my area.

Ohio, as a swing state (definitely not a swinger's state), will most likely have a large number of "provisional ballots." Those who requested an absentee ballot but then decided to go to the polls on election day have to cast a provisional ballot, and the state gummint is expecting a lot of them. Provisional ballots are also in play if the voter goes to the wrong place, or certain other reasons.

Provisional ballots are not counted (AFAIK) until a couple of weeks after election day, so if the vote is extremely close, the result might not be known until then. Might as well get a good night's sleep.

I usually go to bed around 1:00 - 3:00 AM these days. I'll watch the votes come in until the election results appear to resolve, or until I am ready to go to bed, whichever comes first.

Of course, if the coverage is boring, all bets are off! In that case I might shut the TV off and play a video game. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I will stay late if I can. The stakes of this election are very high this time around.

Yeah, I will be watching. In 2000 I didn't go to sleep until the Supreme Court ruled.

Having already voted, I just want it all to be over. The hype/frenzy has been unbelievable and tiring, way more and far longer than the biggest sporting events. It was much more fun watching the World Series.

I won't make an effort to stay up if it drags on all night, but I will watch for a while during non-zombie hours. So I voted "other".

Part of the fun of watching until the wee hours is seeing the new anchors looking all tired and needing some shut eyes of their own. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom