DampRid alternative

noelm

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello folks,

My apartment is pretty damp and moldy. I do not want to use dehumidifier right away because I usually keep 40% humidity at home (otherwise my skin itches).

I have been using DampRid but one container goes only for a week. So weekly 4 container (for 4 rooms) is little too much to spend. Google search suggested to buy bulk anhydrous Calcium Chloride and put it in those boxes. I wonder if anybody has done this. If yes, I will be glad if you could direct me the product that you use successfully (because the one that is used for ice melting can not be anhydrous and may contain lot of impurities)
OR
Alternatively, anybody knows where to buy large reusable silica gel packs.

Thanks in advance.

Hello folks,

My apartment is pretty damp and moldy. I do not want to use dehumidifier right away because I usually keep 40% humidity at home (otherwise my skin itches).

I have been using DampRid but one container goes only for a week. So weekly 4 container (for 4 rooms) is little too much to spend. Google search suggested to buy bulk anhydrous Calcium Chloride and put it in those boxes. I wonder if anybody has done this. If yes, I will be glad if you could direct me the product that you use successfully (because the one that is used for ice melting can not be anhydrous and may contain lot of impurities)
OR
Alternatively, anybody knows where to buy large reusable silica gel packs.

Thanks in advance.

40% is actually pretty dry. Most dehumidifiers will keep it in the mid to upper 40's for humidity...........;)

40% is actually pretty dry. Most dehumidifiers will keep it in the mid to upper 40's for humidity...........;)
Agreed but thats the best we figured to keep mold at little bay and avoid skin scratching.

Back
Top Bottom