SS hourly work limit for early retirement question

theneweddie

Confused about dryer sheets
I have twice written to SSA for an answer to what is a straightforward question and I have only received slightly related ""cut and pasted" material that does not provide an answer.

My question regards the limitation on hours worked for the self employed when collecting SS benefits early. What I read seems to say that 45 hours per month is the maximum allowed without forfeiting benefits for that month.

My question was - does this limitation apply to contractors that work for an hourly wage set by the company they contract with. In other words, does it apply to contractors who are essentially just "hourly employees without benefits."

Anyone in this situation? Or alternatively, any idea how to get an actual response from SSA? Should I visit an office?

Thanks for any info,

Ed

Thanks - I've gone over most of SSA's site without a specific answer to this question.

I've never heard of any limit on hours, the only limitations that I have seen are on earnings like in the link that Moemg provided.

The limits do exist - it was even asked when I filled out my online application.

Back
Top Bottom