Net worth change since 1-1-2012, the real question !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Who cares about the complexity of your portfolio or your returns for 2012 ! The real question is, how much did your net worth change from 1-1-2012 to 12-31-2012 ?

:confused:??

Last edited:
Net worth up 8.5% which I'm pleased about given that we are withdrawing dividends and making no contributions.

Net worth is up 20.9%, but that includes contributions. Return on investment, however, was about 15.9%

55%:D This year I'm shooting for 35%. Yes, I live out of a box, which makes it easier to save like a bandit...

Who cares about the complexity of your portfolio or your returns for 2012 ! The real question is, how much did your net worth change from 1-1-2012 to 12-31-2012 ?

:confused:??
What is yours?

What is yours?

12% and thank you for asking, guess I need to be spending more. Being 62 this year and retired for the last eight years, I have no complaints. Nice to have more net worth now than when I retired. Hate to think I am going to have to worry about RMDs in a few years but things could be worse.

Last edited:
26% but still working and investing. And this doesn't include real estate, so very happy about our investing progress since leaving Ameriprise.

Last edited:
Vanguard says my investment return was 9.7% and my net worth including contributions was up by $146k as with no mortgage I was able to max out 457, 403b and 401a contributions and increase my after tax saving too.

Up 23%. Still in heavy accumulation mode. Hoepfully for only a few more years. About to hit a new major miletsone for my net worth.

Up around 11.5%. Essentially no new money.

Net worth up 19.14%, portfolio return 13.54%.

Interesting question. I just computed mine, and it's up 7.7%. I also increased my spending last year, so I saved less. I'm going to try to reverse that trend this year.

Portfolio and net worth were the same for me since I am in withdrawal mode -- 11.19. Now that doesn't include houses but I don't pay much attention to those values since I am not ready to sell either of them. If I were to guess that would kick my Net worth up another 2 or 3% this year.

Overall up 13.6%. Withdrawing a whopping 2.1%. Just increased the monthly draw. Days like today are great, but I'm still stuck thinking that at 61 gotta stay at 2-3%. You hear the drumbeat of living til 92+; 2008 can repeat (likely will), healthcare and taxes going up, blah blah blah. I'm just trying to shake off the fiscal pessimism and enjoy spending more of this before my kids get it...and neither of them really need it! Have a Happy New Year all, let's hope the trends continue to be positive.

Up 9.0% (9.8% if you don't count the new car I bought). Assuming the same return for the next 40 years, our probability of success looks mildly favorable. :cool:

Last edited:
My TSP increased by 28.35%, including contributions. I haven't checked yet on wife's 401k or our IRA's.

Up 13.5% for 2012. Looking back - up just over 40% since the day I retired (3/28/08).

Up 7.8% but I lent my ladyfriend some money so she could pay off her high-interest credit cards. Without that loan, I'd be up a little more.

Back
Top Bottom