Best Non-electronic new product

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Wide open...

My money's on the "magic eraser"... (started under the Mr. Clean Brand, but now available unbranded @ 2/$1 Walmart, Dollar Tree etc.)

Second best... Pineapple slicer/corer @ $4.99 from Aldi's.

Suggestions? Nominees?

You give new meaning to the word new. Magic eraser has been around for at least a decade.

My vote for best no electronic product is the CityKitty. Automatic toilet flusher for cats.

I got a nice new wrench and socket set.

Yaktraxs. -- Not sure how long they have been around, but I just got a pair last winter and they are great. I no longer slip/slide and end up on my butt when shovelling or walking on snow or ice.

The magic eraser is an excellent boat cleaner--from the seats to the hull--it gets ur done.:cool:
Glad to hear they are now a bargain at the $$$ store.

The Zip-it is a 18 inch plastic saw blade like device that is snaked down drains of all sorts to get the gunk out. It takes a bit of fussing, but gets the job done.
One tip, if you are squimish, get someone else to pull it out of the drain.:nonono:

Mr B went for both the 9 inch and 12 inch version of the Orgreenic fry pans. I really have to keep him out of the As seen on TV section of WallyWorld. :nonono:

They are very good pans, except for frying eggs. You still have to use PAM. I had to explain the concepts of surface tension and the natural binder properties of eggs to him before he was convinced. :LOL:

I'm generally really frugal, but the other day when shopping with someone else I saw a Luminara flameless candle with a remote control. It is made of wax and looks so real. We are really enjoying it. The store owner said they sell out as fast as they get them in and I see Amazon and other internet sights are out of stock. Coolest new thing I have seen in a while.

My favorite new gadget, also a long way from being new but new to me, is the compression strap to stabilize your kneecap when running or distance walking.

I've been using them for nearly two years, and they have made such an enormous difference -- totally eliminated my knee pains.

There are several brands, but Cho-Pat is the best known.

My favorite new gadget, also a long way from being new but new to me, is the compression strap to stabilize your kneecap when running or distance walking.

I've been using them for nearly two years, and they have made such an enormous difference -- totally eliminated my knee pains.

There are several brands, but Cho-Pat is the best known.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but which product on that page? The one called the "patellar stabilizer?"

Sorry. The "original knee strap" that has been around forever. Very popular with runners.

You can get them online, but any decent running shoe store should have them.

Cable cuffs at Home Depot, I think brand name is Cable Clamp. Very cheap and helps to organize any type of electrical cord, air/garden hoses, etc. Only .99 to $3.88 for the mega size. I've been using these to tidy up my electrical tools, extension cords and air hoses. I finally got my 50' air hoses off the basement floor, didn't want to pay $30-40 for those hose reels.

Search Results for*cable cuff*at The Home Depot

I'm generally really frugal, but the other day when shopping with someone else I saw a Luminara flameless candle with a remote control. It is made of wax and looks so real. We are really enjoying it. The store owner said they sell out as fast as they get them in and I see Amazon and other internet sights are out of stock. Coolest new thing I have seen in a while.

I saw these on a walkway and they had made hurricane lamps out of ice to put them in! It made me stop in my tracks and walk over and touch them.

Almost forgot - my vote goes for the bungee cord.

Thermos bottle. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. How does it know? :confused:

I am told that these are not new, but stupid me, I never knew about them until I bought some last year.

I think they are nearly miraculous, like the elusive "better mouse trap". They solve the age-old problem of the shower curtain rings getting hung up on the joints and uneven parts of the shower curtain rod. So simple! So easy! I will never buy plain shower curtain rings again.

Attachments

• Rings.JPG
    Rings.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 65
Oh - you reminded me of another one. Those curved shower curtain rods in hotels! No more unsticking the shower curtain from your leg.

Back
Top Bottom