10 web sites where surfers spend the most time

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I guess I'm out of it, with only 1 of the top 10 I use daily. And there are 5 I almost never use. I would have guessed Twitter would've made the top 10.

Rushing headlong into fuddy duddy status...:blush:

10 web sites where surfers spend the most time

10. ESPN
9. Craigslist
8. Tumblr
7. eBay
6. Amazon
5. AOL
4. Microsoft
3. Yahoo!
2. Google
1. Facebook

Last edited:
Got ya beat with 2 of 10 ;)
And 2-3 more I visit at least weekly.
FWIW- I'll bet Twitter would be top 10 if the survey firm used visits vs time on site.

I use FB daily to see what relatives are up to, Google when I need to search, and sometimes Amazon for shopping. Others I visit daily are ER forum, my credit union's web site, Vanguard, and Federalnewsradio.com.

I dislike Craigslist. Every time I've tried selling anything, it's led to encounters with flakey/icky people. Don't recall that being a big issue when I used to advertise in the newspaper.

Amethyst

Last edited:
I've used craigslist a lot to sell and buy, particularly when we were cleaning out our house and it worked very well in our area.

I use Amazon too much. Google is my default search engine. And I occasionally look at Yahoo.

Early-retirement.org didn't make the list?

One out of 10

Hmmm... only a guess, but:

1. Google (Chrome, Images, News, Drive etc) MyWay Home page.
2. Wikipedia
3. New York Times
4. Alternet
5. Huffington
6. Drudge (for balance)
7. ER
8. Of two minds
9. IMBD :blush:
10. Our FL and IL communities' websites. (MyFamily)

as needed Amazon
no Facebook
no Twitter

Lurk, but don't post on several forums where I used to post muchly, but which have since gotten out of hand and kinda nutsy. Intelligent people, but egos got too big.
When bored (not often bored), go to Open Culture for new vistas to explore.

Last edited:
Geez!!! When I read the subject I was thinking of waves, sand and bikinis!! :dance:
What a let down.....:(

My tops are probably ....

Goolgle News (used to be Yahoo, till I switched), Amazon (I like reading the reviews..and shopping too), Facebook, ER, I'll have to add Youtube also.

I only see two sites on the list that I typically hit daily. Maybe 1 or 2 more that I'll hit weekly. Other financial type sites/blogs would round out my top ten (Including ER)

I am on a computer right now, but I probably spend more time on my iPad using apps.

My top apps:
Google news
Various other news websites (international)
journal.ie
globeandmail
national post​
Tripadvisor
ER.org
Kindle
iBooks
BBC iPlayer
Flixster
IMDB
Youtube
Macleans

Top websites:
Financial sites
ER.org
Financial Webring Forum
Canadian Money Forum​
Google news
Various other news websites (international)
LinkedIn

I am not into Facebook or Twitter.

1. Yahoo for general email and chat, daily
2. Time Warner email for limited personal and business email, daily
3. here, inconsistent attendance
4. Facebook, 4x a month average
5. Amazon and drugstore.com, as needed
6. Morningstar, quarterly to update shares and use portfolio tool, read articles and analyst reports
7. MLB or ESPN websit3s for game schedules, intermittently
8. NOAA , for articles and forecasts for local travel days
9. NASA (JPL) site for asteroids ;)

That's about it. I spent way too much time on a computer during my c*reer and strive to minimize surfing time and complexity in FIRE.

You can tell the local weather by my online time...
Sunny = offline
Rainy or snowing = online
:D

Last edited:
I read facebook to see family pictures and keep up with old friends . I spend a lot of time on ebay since I sell via ebay so I have to watch the competition and how my feedback is going . Plus I usually have a few emails to answer about my items . Some questions are quite interesting . " Do you think I will look good in this dress "? ." The dress is marked size 6 . I am a size10 will it fit ".

Some questions are quite interesting . " Do you think I will look good in this dress "? ." The dress is marked size 6 . I am a size10 will it fit ".

:2funny::horse:

Only Google do I hit daily. I shop at Amazon sometimes. One (tumblr) I don't even know what it is.

And "AOL?" Really? I thought they were out of business or something - they haven't sent a free floppy disk for me to use for my data files in a long time. :LOL:

Sometimes I am guilty of humoring them . I answer you will look exactly like Jackie O in that dress or this skirt looks exactly like the one Carrie Bradshaw wore in the opening scene of sex & the city . Sells every time !

Last edited:
I don't use any of those 10 on a daily basas. Only the Microsoft website I use once in a while to research something PC-related, maybe once every few months.

Back
Top Bottom