4 Years in retirement!

golfersailor

Dryer sheet aficionado
:dance: Well we made it through my first 4 years in great shape. Started with medical problems, cancer, back surgery, kidney stones. However, all is well and doing great now. We have been using the 4% withdrawal method right now(have not adjusted for inflation). If we do not spend all the money we reinvest it. I did take SS at 62 and also have a pension. Net worth has increase by 26% since I retired which is good news. One thing we will be changing is staying in Ohio for the entire winter. Have booked the month of February in FL for next year. The biggest surprise I have found in retirement is how busy I stay. Don't know how I did it all when I was working!

Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Booking the month of February in FL when you live in OH will be a good thing. Hope that we can do that some day. Also, I agree that time just seems to fly by.

Glad to hear you are healthier and enjoying retirement.

4 years retired and in OH for us also. Staying a little closer to 3.5 WR and also had a substantial increase in NW over the period due to market recovery. But I am sure it will go up and down. We are headed to NC, probably full time in a few years. But you are absolutely right about some place else besides OH in Feb.

Happy to hear you are doing well and that the $$ side of the equation is also looking very good. Here's to many, many healthy and prosperous years. :wiseone:

golfersailor - thanks for the update ! I found your story inspiring. Give yourself a little victory dance !!! Florida in February is MUCH better than Ohio in Feb !

Back
Top Bottom