recommended corporate 401k administrator?

web_diva

Recycles dryer sheets
Ok, I have a question. My megacorp has 2 types of 401k administrators:

1. Main 401k Administrator - free to employees other than fees the particular individual investment vehicles charge. Very limited offerings...only about 20 Megacorp-chosen vehicles.
2. Secondary 401k Administrator - charges a flat account maintenance fee each year, has thousands of investment vehicles each with their own individual fees. Best as I can tell there are no index funds or ETFs - offerings are just strictly funds and stocks.

I have an opportunity to recommend a better 401k provider and would like to point out one that is a one stop shop with many offerings and free (other than investment vehicle fees). It would be nice if they could move to a single administrator that offers Stocks, Bonds (muni/corp/treasuries/etc), Mutual Funds, Index Funds, Etf's etc.

Can anyone recommend a 401k administrator that your company might use that would fit the bill?

While I don't particularly recommend them, Aon Hewitt can do the 401k plus brokerage window thing. What most of us never see is how much Megacorp pays to administer their 401k, and how interested 401k administrators are in attracting their business. You'll have to find the right match at the right cost.

I've never had a 401k without extremely limited choices in the main plan. And only one with a brokerage window.

Back
Top Bottom