Where am I and why am I here? :-)

WhereAmI

Confused about dryer sheets
I've been a lurker here for years. Yes, years. I remember watching two, or maybe three, presidential elections cause havoc. I've read about W2R and many others working, and then retiring. But perhaps the time has come for some interaction.

About me: Midlife. Divorced, but living with my ex. Work at a megacorp like many here. The atmosphere is frenetic, but mostly enjoy the actual work. The stress may kill me though. I've had several stress related ailments over the years and the hours probably didn't help my marriage. I've come close to using the automated "I quit" button, and someday I may, but for now I count backwards from 10, breathe deeply, and try to remember that the creative part of the job is not bad.

Glad to finally meet you all!

Last edited:
Welcome from the other end of the spectrum. There are three full time and one part time employees at my company. It is so stress free, if I have too many days off, I have to get back to work just to relax. It's all good, except the pay.

But that can be a blessing too. When I decide to retire, I won't have to worry about all the money I would be missing out on. Just what I'm going to do with my time.

There are tons of folks here who will help you with the nuts and bolts of your FIRE needs. Just give them a chance.

Back
Top Bottom