Modern Problems - Clown Shortage Looms

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Good. I hate clowns.

There never seemed to be a shortage where I worked. They wore mufti (regular office wear) but were still recognizable as clowns.

Amethyst

As a result of the more challenging tryouts, just 11 clowns out of 14 who were selected from 531 applicants to attend a rigorous 14-day boot camp at the Ringling Bros. Clown College last year were offered jobs with the world-famous circus.

Doesn't sound like a shortage to me.

It's true that clowns were commoner in my distant youth.

"Some long-haired clown at the door for you," was how my Dad always announced my date had arrived at our house.

Amethyst

I hate clowns too. With the possible exception of Bozo and Sandy (grew up in Chicagoland. ..)

My granddaughter had a clown perform at her birthday party, he did a very good job entertaining the pre-school set.

Yes, there are some clowns who aren't funny but others who are very good, just like comedians.

You're saying you enjoy clowns so much, you elect them to office? Or that only a clown would run, so there's no choice?

Amethyst

They only need to look towards Washington DC.

If there truly is a shortage, they could always look to recruit some more from the financial planning community.

I will take a clown over a mime any day.

I'd take a mime over a clown. Clowns are too loud and into stupid practical joke. Joy buzzers. Squirting lapel flowers. Mimes just STFU and half the time are just standing still. You can ignore a mime.

This is what happens when you declare a species a varmint with no closed season or bag limit.

DF is literally scared of them. Some I found amusing, mostly ones in suits.
MRG

There can't be a clown shortage. There were enough where I worked to satisfy global needs for the next millennium.

Back
Top Bottom