On the Spot About Pot

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So, I was getting my daily news fix on "CBS This Morning" where there was the regular segment by the pollster who gets the feel out of regular folks. Today was about how attitudes are changing about legalization of pot.

But even more was during the segment where he bluntly asks the 3 anchors if they ever smoked pot. Holy moly. One anchor took the fifth, one said yes, and one said no.

Here's the segment in cases you interested (the on the spot part comes at around 3:20 of the video):

Marijuana legalization: Majority supports move in new poll - Videos - CBS News

Should have been a minute later.:confused:

Hokey Smoke!! Must be a bunch of tree hugging, whale saving, granola munching, carbon limiting, lefties from Colorado. :D

FWIW, on a recent outing two of the participants were young women who were celebrating their recent marriage. Everybody gave them hearty congratulations. The world is changing.

I have several buddies who are long time pot consumers (and these are geezers my age!) They seem to have zero appreciation for the legalization aspect since they've been regular consumers anyway. They grow their own which they say is a relatively simple indoor project when done in small quantities. Their concern is that if/when legalized in their state, there might be more pressure to catch the home growers to ensure that the new taxes can be enforced and collected.

I understand that Colorado is already discovering that not every joint being puffed came from a taxed supply. Unlicensed growers/vendors offering discounted, untaxed product are beginning to abound.

Hopefully, this will lead to true legalization where home growing and processing is no more illegal than growing and canning tomatoes or enjoying an apple from your tree.

Last edited:
I have several buddies who are long time pot consumers (and these are geezers my age!) They seem to have zero appreciation for the legalization aspect since they've been regular consumers anyway. They grow their own which they say is a relatively simple indoor project when done in small quantities. Their concern is that if/when legalized in their state, there might be more pressure to catch the home growers to ensure that the new taxes can be enforced and collected.

I understand that Colorado is already discovering that not every joint being puffed came from a taxed supply. Unlicensed growers/vendors offering discounted, untaxed product are beginning to abound.

Hopefully, this will lead to true legalization where home growing and processing is no more illegal than growing and canning tomatoes or enjoying an apple from your tree.

Actually, in CO it is now legal to cultivate up to 12 plants per household for personal use. I haven't touched the stuff in over 20 years, but I get the impression that 12 plants is quite a lot of weed. We have a small hydroponic system we use for growing culinary herbs and starting seedlings that I would imagine could e easily adapted to indoor growing.

I'll be headed to the "high" mountains of Colorado in a few days.:dance::dance::dance:
If nobody is going to harass me I might as well come clean. I have no intention of partaking in that stuff. I do love the mountains out there and am anxious to get started building the hermitage.

Or brewing your own beer.......

Stills are still illegal, however, even for making essential oils (scents). Some progress being made, however http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/home-distilling-zm0z13fmzmat.aspx#axzz2xtFObugv

Last edited:
An interesting aspect of dope and same sex marriage polls is how rapidly views flipped from very negative to positive. I guess people just accept the common wisdom until they think about it but they don't think about it until enough views have changed to get a buzz stated - then blam, everybody flips. Even five years ago, expressing positive views on either topic would make you unelectable. Soon the reverse will be true in many locations.

Here's a fun fact (really). The Bull Market 80-90's Cocaine and Red Bull - hyped to make money. Some reputable analyst / market forecasters. And here I mean not telling you what just happened (TV), but high probability future events. So with major bear market (some say started in 2000) in was forecast years ago before bear market was over pot would legal and caffeine product sales would slow - drink water, or... Perfect combo for a negative mood in a bear market. 2000-03 (down) 2003-2007) up (2007-2009) down (2009-2014??) up & then hard down to 2016-18, that's a forecast (not mine).

An interesting aspect of dope and same sex marriage polls is how rapidly views flipped from very negative to positive. I guess people just accept the common wisdom until they think about it but they don't think about it until enough views have changed to get a buzz stated - then blam, everybody flips. Even five years ago, expressing positive views on either topic would make you unelectable. Soon the reverse will be true in many locations.

Hopefully this is part of a larger shift in views that individual freedom is what this country is all about.

Hi, yes you are right it is a shift and there will be more, but overall it will not be positive like 1990's. (not my forecast, but agree with it)

+1 Good point. I saw this happen in the 60s on race too, both on a nationwide level and in several personal experiences. One concerned the dad of one of my best friends who was a former Marine, a southerner and a current policeman. He started out extremely racist, but in the end was trying to get blacks to sign up for the police force. He said of all his son's rock and roll band friends, they were the only ones well dressed and respectful. (yeah I know, that is still a form of prejudice too) At any rate I remember him sincerely trying to get blacks to apply to the police force, quite a change for him personally and for our country in general. It may take a long time, but eventually people respond to injustice.

Or brewing your own beer.......

Stills are still illegal, however, even for making essential oils (scents). Some progress being made, however Artisan Home Distilling - DIY - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

I'd love to fool around with a still and you can buy one at most homebrew supply shops. But the idiot laws against such make me very nervous so I have stuck to homebrew. It would be nice to see it change.

Didn't know they were illegal, like you said you can buy the stuff easily. I brewed beer for years. Watch out though when you get good at it, it will likely be full body, high alcohol content = lots of calories....

So, I was getting my daily news fix on "CBS This Morning" where there was the regular segment by the pollster who gets the feel out of regular folks. Today was about how attitudes are changing about legalization of pot.

But even more was during the segment where he bluntly asks the 3 anchors if they ever smoked pot. Holy moly. One anchor took the fifth, one said yes, and one said no.

Here's the segment in cases you interested (the on the spot part comes at around 3:20 of the video):

Marijuana legalization: Majority supports move in new poll - Videos - CBS News

Watched it. What a lame weasel that first "anchor " in the blue dress is. She looked somewhat panicked, stammers and says she won't answer cuz she's not part of the focus group. Maybe she was just paranoid from being high at the time.

But the quintessential pot weasel answer was, yes I smoked, but I didn't inhale.

... I brewed beer for years. Watch out though when you get good at it, it will likely be full body, high alcohol content = lots of calories....

Tell that to the English Mild I brewed and just put on tap. It's about 3% alcohol.

The brewers I know who are very good at it can produce both low and high (barleywines, Russian Imperial Stouts, Wee Heavies) alcohol beers. But mostly low-to mid range, so you can enjoy them w/o falling over.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom