Registration Captcha

erikg08

Confused about dryer sheets
I've been a long time lurker and I finally decided to create an account. I spent 25 minutes trying to get through theimpossible captchas. I was getting so frustrated I even tried to the contact us at the bottom but no.. that too required an impossible captcha.

I finally got lucky and managed to register. I understand the need to fight hackers but there has to be an alternative.

I don't recall any problems creating an account. But I did get bombed with emails notifying me of new posts until I figured out how to turn them off.

Regardless, enjoy your stay!

What kind of captchas did you encounter? I just did a fake registration up to the point of encountering the captcha to see what was being used. I just had a question that needed me to select any answer from a drop down menu, not at all difficult.

Thank you for usung this term, which I had not heard of before. From wikipedia: "A CAPTCHA (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart") is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human."

Anyway, welcome!

<snip>

"A CAPTCHA... is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human."

I'm thinking that this site's CAPTCHA is not all that proficient regarding its stated purpose.

Back
Top Bottom