Seeking Alpha no longer with Yahoo Finance

aja8888

Moderator Emeritus
Last edited:
I don't recall where I first learned of Seeking Alpha. I've read some interesting articles there. Maybe it was from links from the yahoo finance pages, I dunno?

I guess I just need to subscribe to a few more things there for email updates, that would probably be enough to keep them on my radar screen.

-ERD50

Some of the articles were interesting reads.... but one contributor would say one thing and another would say the exact opposite... so, you have to take them with a grain of salt...

The biggest problem I had is that they seemed to make the article two pages and you (well, at least me) could not get to the second page without signing up to the site... no thanks...

The Yahoo click stuff doesn't change my opinion at all. SeekingAlpha is like any other site you read on a consistent basis. Some articles are well-researched and balanced, some are poor, and there is a whole bunch of comment to fill in the gaps.

If you are just an indexer, then there is really nothing at SA for you. We are 95% index, but also help manage investments for family members, so need to be aware of various stocks and crazy ideas.

As with any site that allows commenting, you can quickly discern if the original article is horse-hooey. From the best authors, you can learn.

I don't do yahoo, so can't miss anything related.

Meh. Read both periodically. I like SA's search function so I can look up stuff when I want rather than having to follow daily. Yahoo finance is decent, but seems like search there for news/opinion stuff is so broad it's not that useful.
And +1 on SA article quality being highly variable. Some well-researched insights but other much lower quality pieces too. But comments usu shoot down the pretenders pretty quick, which can be entertaining :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom