Mount Tavurvur Volcano erupting: video

I'm impressed with his ability to not use a 4 letter word!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Wow, that is an amazing video. I think that's the best capture of a shockwave I've ever seen.

Thanks! I'm taking a Geology class and we have to write up a current geology-related event every week and I try to avoid the obvious (recent CA EQ, lava flow in Hawaii). We've just finished a chapter on volcanoes so I was doing my Geology Geek thing and watching the solids ("ejecta") fly off on the left side and observing the size/shape of the remaining crater.

Glad I wasn't there in person.

Well, thinking I'll avoid watching this until we return from volcanic S America in a couple of weeks. No point tempting fate!

Great video and the shock wave was amazing.

DW and I were vacationing on Antigua in 2004 and took a helicopter tour of nearby Montserrat to see the results of the 1997 eruption of the volcano there. One of the most amazing experiences we've ever had. Here's a video of a similar tour except we got a great look into the still active crater.

Soufrière Hills Volcano Tour

Thanks! I'm taking a Geology class and we have to write up a current geology-related event every week and I try to avoid the obvious (recent CA EQ, lava flow in Hawaii). We've just finished a chapter on volcanoes so I was doing my Geology Geek thing and watching the solids ("ejecta") fly off on the left side and observing the size/shape of the remaining crater.

Glad I wasn't there in person.
Mother nature knows how to put on a show!
Geology is interesting, a local professor just gave an onsite talk/tour here on the island. Mount Rainier is our neighbor in the Seattle area.

Seattle News and Events | The Super Flood

[Geology Geek font on]Ooooh!! Dike swarms! I see dike swarms![Geology Geek font off]

Spectacular video. Thanks! I write that one up 2 weeks ago but it looks like it's getting more active.

dabb is one of my favourite YouTube channels.

Back
Top Bottom