VOIP: Getting into Directory Assistance?

gauss

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have VOIP phone service through Callcentric. I recently tried to look myself up in "directory assistance" ie 411/similar services. When I could not find an entry for myself, I realized that the entry probably went away when I cancelled my legacy POTS landline telephone service a couple of years back.

This begs the following question-- Have any VOIP users here manually added themselves to "directory assistance"?

Thanks in advance
-gauss

Last edited:
Since I switched from landline to OOMA, I am so deliriously happy at the near disappearance of junk phone calls that I found the question completely inapplicable.

If I were you, I would just spend a bit of time compiling a list of everyone I wanted to hear from and then send them an email or postcard with my new phone number.

Since I switched from landline to OOMA, I am so deliriously happy at the near disappearance of junk phone calls that I found the question completely inapplicable.
1+

And for the ones that just don't get it, I use one of the several OOMA premium options to block them forever more. I get the occasional comment from others that they tried looking us up in the white pages/phone book/whatever those dinosaurs are called now and they found our old landline number - years after we cut that cord. People I want/need to talk with seem to be able to find us.

I found this web site (www.listyourself.net) that seems to suggest that they will get you into the databases that the various directory assistance pulls from (but apparently not the White Pages phone books)

The site itself looked a bit cheezey so I was a bit worried about their credibility. I saw a few third party mentions of them, but not from the big name sites that I would like to see.

-gauss

Since we were originally paying ATT for an unlisted number, switching to Vonage (and no listed number) was an added benefit.

Back
Top Bottom