We'll be swingin'

Gazingus

Recycles dryer sheets
I know there are a lot of people in houserobes and underwear making steady money on a market that seesaws +/- two or three percent twice a week, but I'm not one of them.

It seems obvious that the churn is created by not only fear and greed, but a great day-trading frenzy.

I don't have the sophistication (or motivation) to swim in those waters, but it looks like easy money from the cheap seats.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the other kind of swingin'.

This is a respectable forum. Please. ;)

I don't believe amateurs can swing the market so much. I am "short-term" trading to see how much I can count on it as a side income. So far, so good. My two trading accounts are up 13% & 7%, respectively YTD. Unfortunately, they are my two smallest part of total asset.

I think swinging is great but not for me, haven't bought or sold a thing for the past year.

This is a respectable forum. Please. ;)

I don't believe amateurs can swing the market so much. I am "short-term" trading to see how much I can count on it as a side income. So far, so good. My two trading accounts are up 13% & 7%, respectively YTD. Unfortunately, they are my two smallest part of total asset.

Hah. I was there last year. I actually was up 60% in July then got into oil stocks when they "crashed" to the 90s. It didn't end well.

Ended the year up a bit over 5% instead of 60% :D

This year I haven't done much trading at all.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the other kind of swingin'.

Maybe Gazingus *was* talking about that kind of swinging... He did mention folks hanging out in their undies and housecoats... That's getting close to nekkid and wild.

Hah. I was there last year. I actually was up 60% in July then got into oil stocks when they "crashed" to the 90s. It didn't end well.

Ended the year up a bit over 5% instead of 60% :D

This year I haven't done much trading at all.

Ok, 60% is my new target and I will stop there when I get there. I am not so greedy ... :). If I can't do 60%, beating the S&P 500 will be my 2ndary goal.

Swingin' and dancin'?

I went to youtube to look for a suitable video to contribute here. Look what I saw first thing with my search: an unlikely pole-dancing contestant in a British TV show.

Ok, 60% is my new target and I will stop there when I get there. I am not so greedy ... :). If I can't do 60%, beating the S&P 500 will be my 2ndary goal.

But you won't stop. I documented my success with a post on here, something like "Do you stop trading?"

Of course you won't stop. When you get 60% ahead of the market, you start to think you actually know what you really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom