New to forums

nazoomer

Confused about dryer sheets
60 yr, hope to retire in 2 yrs. only concern is healthcare coverage and best way to start with drawing. Oh one other, what to do with the new found time!
Nazoomer

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Nazoomer, welcome! And best wishes for your impending retirement.

I bet your third concern turns out to be the one you most enjoy resolving. I sure have!

Coach

Oh one other, what to do with the new found time!
It is such a terrible problem. Most mornings, I get out of bed whenever I feel like it, feed the cats, have coffee, and putter around at my own pace. Many days, I don't even think about what I'm going to do until I've had several cups of coffee, breakfast, and done plenty of "puttering". Some days, I even get to the end of the day before realizing it's probably too late to make a plan, in which I case, I think, "Aaaah, there's always tomorrow." On many of those days, I don't even think that, because by that time, my feet are up, I have a book in my lap, and a glass of wine and one of my cats by my side.

It's a tough life. You're going to hate it :D

Welcome to the forums! :greetings10:

It is such a terrible problem. Most mornings, I get out of bed whenever I feel like it, feed the cats, have coffee, and putter around at my own pace. Many days, I don't even think about what I'm going to do until I've had several cups of coffee, breakfast, and done plenty of "puttering". Some days, I even get to the end of the day before realizing it's probably too late to make a plan, in which I case, I think, "Aaaah, there's always tomorrow." On many of those days, I don't even think that, because by that time, my feet are up, I have a book in my lap, and a glass of wine and one of my cats by my side.

Pretty close...

It is such a terrible problem. Most mornings, I get out of bed whenever I feel like it, feed the dogs, have coffee, and putter around at my own pace. Most days, I don't even think about what I'm going to do until I've had several cups of coffee, breakfast, and done plenty of "puttering". Many days, I even get to the end of the day before realizing it's probably too late to make a plan, in which I case, I think, "Aaaah, there's always tomorrow, or the day after that." On many of those days, I don't even think that, because by that time, my feet are up, I have a book in my lap, and a bottle of beer and one of my dogs by my side.

Welcome to the forums! :dance:

Once I retired, I don't know how I ever found the time for w*rk. ...

My Dad used to say this when he was retired and I was still working and I recall thinking that it was the lamest things that I ever heard. Now I know exactly what he meant. :dance:

It is such a terrible problem. Most mornings, I get out of bed whenever I feel like it, feed the cats, have coffee, and putter around at my own pace. Many days, I don't even think about what I'm going to do until I've had several cups of coffee, breakfast, and done plenty of "puttering". Some days, I even get to the end of the day before realizing it's probably too late to make a plan, in which I case, I think, "Aaaah, there's always tomorrow." On many of those days, I don't even think that, because by that time, my feet are up, I have a book in my lap, and a glass of wine and one of my cats by my side.....

Very similar here.... I putter around and take my time to do things. One of the most surprising things about being retired is that for the most part, urgency flies out the window because whatever doesn't get done today can get done tomorrow... or the next day.... or the day after that.

OP, regarding health insurance... check out healthsherpa.com.

Pretty much sums it up. And the cats [or dogs] will need more exercise, or they will become obese. :)

Health insurance is an issue, for sure, but at your age you won't be all that adversely affected even if ACA (assuming it is even an option for you) is changed due by future judicial, legislative, or executive actions. For us increase in healthcare cost in retirement has so far been offset to a greater degree by reduction in payroll/income based taxes. It is a sweet life :dance:

Back
Top Bottom