ER schedule

What's with the 5pm dinner most days? Is this to catch the Denny's specials, or do some people like to wait 14 hrs after dinner to have breakfast?

scrinch said:
What's with the 5pm dinner most days? Is this to catch the Denny's specials, or do some people like to wait 14 hrs after dinner to have breakfast?

That's what happens in most families in the US with small kids at home.

We don't need no stinkin' schedules. :)

+10 We do put stuff on our calendar's so we remember them, but dinner scheduled, nope. Still working a prioritizing what I'm doing... just not enough time.

I have to agree..and making an Excel spreadsheet of it? Hmmm...no. If I had a schedule, it would tell me to put my Kindle down and go take a nap...So I'm off!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

Those are clever charts, Fuego, and a very good visual way of showing the ER life compared to a full time job.

Friends
Family
Yourself
Work

I sort of believe you can only do two of them well at any given time. Chart gives a very good visual in what happens if you neglect work ..

It's amazing how little I do on my days off (still w*rking 1, sometimes 1.5 days a week). Can't imagine how little it will be when I am fully retired by 1/2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

That's what happens in most families in the US with small kids at home.

Yep. And in our case, that 5 pm start of dinner is when we start cooking. Eating is closer to 5:30 or 6. If we started cooking later than that, there wouldn't be any free time after dinner between bath and bedtime for the kids.

Schedules sound too much like work to me and I'm more of a free form type of person. Might be why my friends call me Mr. Haphazard (but not where money is concerned).

Ya my thought exactly. Although some of my volunteer jobs do include a schedule. Nasty side product of the J*bs :blush:

+1.

Very little of what I do involves being somewhere at a specific time. Only my square dancing and volunteer work requires me to be somewhere on a particular day and time. Sometimes, that has a ripple effect on my meals. Otherwise, stuff like errands and my cherished daily naps don't have a specific time. :D

I agree. You must plan your day. I couldn't survive without a bit of structure in my life so I made this strict schedule. I NEVER deviate.

Mine looks like this:

4:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
5:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
6:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
7:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
8:00 AM: Whatever I want
9:00 AM: Whatever I want
10:00 AM: Whatever I want
11:00 AM: Whatever I want
12:00 PM: Whatever I want
1:00 PM: Whatever I want
2:00 PM: Whatever I want
3:00 PM: Whatever I want
4:00 PM: Whatever I want
1:00 PM: Whatever I want
2:00 PM: Whatever I want
5:00 PM: Whatever I want
6:00 PM: Whatever I want
7:00 PM: Whatever I want
8:00 PM: Whatever I want
9:00 PM: Whatever I want
10:00 PM: Whatever I want
11:00 PM: Whatever I want
12:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
1:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
2:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep
3:00 AM: Whatever I want, usually asleep

Edit to add:
I probably should have broken the times into more periods (ie. every 5/10/20/40 minutes) but that wasn't something I wanted to do. Of course, YMMV.

Last edited:
Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want

But what do you do all day? Aren't you bored? :D

(I know you were kidding Fuego, but just had to post again about boredom. ;) )

The day I begin to feel bored in retirement, I'll call the doctor because I'll know for sure that I'm sick! :LOL:

I just never feel bored with a whole universe of options out there, from which to select. The internet is amazing, not to mention books and video games, and most of all the real world is out there to explore as well.

Life awaits. :D

(I know you were kidding Fuego, but just had to post again about boredom. ;) )

The day I begin to feel bored in retirement, I'll call the doctor because I'll know for sure that I'm sick! :LOL:

I just never feel bored with a whole universe of options out there, from which to select. The internet is amazing, not to mention books and video games, and most of all the real world is out there to explore as well.

Life awaits. :D

I feel the same way. Still waiting to get bored but I'm not quite sure I understand the mechanics of it.

Unless I suddenly develop a vehement hatred of reading, watching TV shows, playing video games, traveling the world, cooking, learning, hanging out with friends, tweaking machines, etc then I just don't understand how boredom is possible. I could do any two or three of those things and be content and rarely have time for all of those activities in a given day.

Of course maybe that's why I saw the value in ER a decade ago and made plans to craft a life of leisure.

I do put appointments and deadlines into Calendar in my iPad. If I have three entries, I consider myself overcommitted for that day.

Back
Top Bottom