A Favorite Antique

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
You know you're old, when something you grew up with, is now classified as an antique. Am afraid I have my share.
Here's a fishing boat from 1970, that I still have and use. Just found an advertisement for it, circa 1970. While I worked for Sears from 1958 to 1966, this hadn't been invented yet. It's a Ted Williams 12' Gamefisher... fiberglas construction, new at the time.

Technically a "classic"... but @45 years... for me, "antique".

Anything you have that's still in use?

Attachments

• GameFisher.jpg
    GameFisher.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My parents are still kickin'...

Seriously, still driving my 76 Monte Carlo, listening to my turntable and answering a landline.

All my machine tools - lathes, milling machines and associated tooling now seem to get listed as vintage and antique. And since they are younger than I am the implication is indeed disturbing.

I could remedy this by switching to brand new Chinese tools (which these days aren't nearly as bad as their reputation of 20-30 years ago would lead one to be believe) but I guess I just have a thing for old American iron.

After browsing in an antique store I went home and told DH "you know we have been married a long time when dishes we got for a wedding gift are now sold in antique stores." LOL

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom