Facebook advertising fraud charge

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I check up on our CC account every week and today when I logged on I notice our reward balance was way high. I then saw we had like $22,000 in pending and posted charges for Facebook advertising ($400 to $700 per charge).

That is a first for me. Of course the CC is reporting them as fraud and removing them, but ticks me off that this wasn't caught by their fraud alert.

Going to be sad though to give up that 2% cash back reward on those fraud charges :)

I check up on our CC account every week and today when I logged on I notice our reward balance was way high. I then saw we had like $22,000 in pending and posted charges for Facebook advertising ($400 to $700 per charge).

That is a first for me. Of course the CC is reporting them as fraud and removing them, but ticks me off that this wasn't caught by their fraud alert.

Going to be sad though to give up that 2% cash back reward on those fraud charges :)

That is surprising it was not caught by the credit card company. Which company is it? :confused:

Are you sure you didn't make these charges and just forgot about it?

Capital One, and heh heh, no, I am not even on Facebook, much less paying $20,000 a week to advertise with them.

Capital One, and heh heh, no, I am not even on Facebook, much less paying $20,000 a week to advertise with them.
Thanks, just checking.

Are you sure you didn't make these charges and just forgot about it?

Off topic, but I once forgot where I put my "All Savers Certificate" money (around $25K IIRC) many years ago (I know most of you are too young to recall this gummint gimmick. All savers certificate definition and meaning - Define All savers certificate) So I go ask the institution where my money is - and they could not tell me that i had actually withdrawn the money!! They were absolutely panicked until I remembered myself what I had done with it (I had withdrawn it and put it in another investment.) So, I guess it can happen (and this was long before I got old.) YMMV

An update. A bunch of the charges have been credited back in along with other Facebook credits that don't even match original charges. My credit card balance is now negative 18,000 and has been like that for a week now. I tried calling CapitalOne but got Bob in India who just wanted to send me a check to refund the negative balance money. Was unable to explain to Bob in India that I didn't think it was my money.

An update. A bunch of the charges have been credited back in along with other Facebook credits that don't even match original charges. My credit card balance is now negative 18,000 and has been like that for a week now. I tried calling CapitalOne but got Bob in India who just wanted to send me a check to refund the negative balance money. Was unable to explain to Bob in India that I didn't think it was my money.

What a mess!

Back
Top Bottom