So ready, but so unsure

Saddlebutt

Confused about dryer sheets
This forum looks to have lots of great information, and I need all the help I can find. I have worked in retail management for 27 years, and I am stepping down to an hourly position until I reach 62. There is so much information and I have no clue where to start. Looking forward to finding help and information. :)

Welcome aboard from another Texas resident.

Welcome to the forum, and your first steps to a better understanding of your financial picture and increased knowledge. Just read on here a lot, there are many threads and information you can gain with some time just soaking it all up.

You can do it and then you can make the best decisions for yourself and family.

Welcome! Lots of helpful, friendly people here, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you may hae.

And don't be surprised that you have some feelings of being "unsure". Even people who have done a lot of planning can find making big life changes a bit daunting.

Welcome Saddlebutt.

What kind of questions do you have? I've found this group to be pretty helpful for figuring out good paths towards retirement.

I think a good place to start is to completely understand your spending needs. With that in hand, it's so much easier to start planning. You have at least one known data point as an anchor to use in other calculations.

As Prudent One said, knowing your expenses, IMHO, is the key to getting rid of the unsure feeling. Income seems to take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom