Rollover to SEP-IRA or Trad IRA

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a question, I opened a SEP-IRA as I earned income from my scorp this year and thought I could leverage that since I ddint have an employer sponsered IRA at the time...I since was hired FTE and now have access to 401k, but going to keep scorp going for consulting.

My question is,
I have an old employer sponsored IRA that I want to rollover to VG, should I roll this into my Traditional IRA Brokerage, or the SEP-IRA Brokerage... and if I plan to do a roth conversion, does THAT make a difference?

Curious what you all know. :greetings10:

Employer sponsored "IRA", not 401k? Anyway, I had a small SEP-IRA that I rolled into my traditional IRA for book keeping simplification. I'm not sure it really makes any difference from a tax perspective, but this post was just to get your question back up to the top so someone who knows what their talking about can see it quicker, haha!

ABout ten years ago I transferred my SEP-IRA to Vanguard. Shortly after I transferred an IRA also, and rolled over to Sep-IRA. I'm still contributing to SEP-IRA, so went with that option.

In the end I do not think it matters much when you distribute. If your sure they are both currently 100% before tax contributions, it will simplify things for sure.

Back
Top Bottom