Vanguard not reporting realized gains/losses since account "upgrade"

Looking4Ward

Full time employment: Posting here.
Now that all of my Vanguard funds have distributed their year end dividends and capital gains, I wanted to do a little tax forecasting.

That's when I noticed that my sale of Vanguard Energy Fund on 11/02 before my accounts were "upgraded" is not showing up in the quarterly tax summary of gains/losses.

In fact, no records of short/long term gains/losses of fund shares are showing up at all - all of those columns are zeroes. The only items showing up are dividend and capital gain distributions.

If I go to transaction history, the sale of that fund is shown. But the loss is not reflected in any of the other reports as would normally be expected. I've sent a message to my Vanguard rep to see what is going on but I'm curious if anyone else has observed this?

Not sure where you are looking....

Sales do not show up in the dividend pages.... so if you see them, your sales are not there...

I see sales on the 'cost basis' page.... after I click on realized gains/loss....

Not sure where you are looking....

Sales do not show up in the dividend pages.... so if you see them, your sales are not there...

I see sales on the 'cost basis' page.... after I click on realized gains/loss....

Interesting. I'm looking at the Tax Summary | Quarterly Summary page. It has a column for "Sales of Securities", both "Short Term" and "Long Term". My page shows all $0's for the quarter.

Yet if I go to the Cost Basis | Realized Gain & Losses the values do show there.

Back
Top Bottom