Quicken and TurboTax on Mac

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been using Quicken on Macs for many years, but the version I'm using now is not nearly as nice as the older versions.

I'm using Quicken 2015 Version 2.8.2

running it on Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

In addition to not liking the format for reports, I find that when I print checks it changes the check numbers (I have to manually correct them),

I wrote a check for NYSEG (New York State Elect & Gas) which is a recurring payee, and I messed it up, and wound up voiding it, and it went back into the ledger history and replaced EVERY NYSEG transaction in the ledger with "VOID"..

Weird frustrating stuff like that.

So, anyone out there have similar experiences? Anyone upgraded to Quicken2016? The way this product is trending, I'm afraid it will be more quirky and awkward, not less.

Also, I've never integrated my Quicken with TurboTax. Does this work well?

thanks in advance.

IMHO, Quicken for the Mac has never been worthwhile.

Have you tried Moneydance or iBank?

I recently upgraded from Quicken Essentials for Mac to Quicken 2016 for Mac v 3.0.4. There are some things I do not like about it (layout primarily) but it seems stable to me so far and the new version corrected some bugs from Quicken Essentials.

I'm still using Quicken 2007 on Mac. It still runs fine, generates all my fancy reports, etc. The newer versions were a giant leap backwards.

I'm still using Quicken 2007 on Mac. It still runs fine, generates all my fancy reports, etc. The newer versions were a giant leap backwards.

Me too. I do all manual entry and pay bills through my bank's website, so I don't care if this old version talks to anything else. It's not that much more work, and I have better control. Downloading and bill paying seem to be the areas where folks have the most problems, so I just avoid them. I would hate to ditch my 18 years of history.

Back
Top Bottom