Quicken problems

JoeWras

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I updated to Win 10 and Quicken 2016. The Quicken update was forced.

It worked OK at first, but lately I am getting hard hangs when trying to get my stock quotes. Anyone else seeing this?

I am about ready to throw in the towel on this program.

I don't have either Win 10 nor Quicken 2016. Does not sound like a good combination. Heck, even Win 10 is crapshoot, from what I have read.

Can you return Quicken 2016?

I'm about ready to return it. But here's the deal, they forced the update on us (every three years). I can go back to 2013, but then no stock updates. Maybe I don't care...

There's something in my 20 year old data file it doesn't like. I tried a fresh file with no problem.

What a P.O.S.

I'm about ready to return it. But here's the deal, they forced the update on us (every three years). I can go back to 2013, but then no stock updates. Maybe I don't care...

There's something in my 20 year old data file it doesn't like. I tried a fresh file with no problem.

What a P.O.S.

There seems to be no end of problems with Quicken. Maybe the alternatives lack something there and there, but if I wanted to use something beyond spreadsheets for this, I'd look into other options, and open-source would be my preference.

-ERD50

There seems to be no end of problems with Quicken. Maybe the alternatives lack something there and there, but if I wanted to use something beyond spreadsheets for this, I'd look into other options, and open-source would be my preference.

-ERD50

I'm with you. This 2016 update is horrific. When I finally retire, I'm going to use some other way to track finances. I'm kind of stuck right now and don't have time, although I just whittled away 2 hours of my life tonight watching quicken hang.:facepalm:

What a P.O.S.

I am with you. There's nothing like buggy software that drives me up the wall. The older I get, the more furious I get when something like this happens. I feel my time on earth is running out, and having to waste it to reinstall software or trying alternatives is not at all appealing to me.

Hence, I am very reluctant to try something new, if what I have works. I would not mind if they demand money to send stock quotes to the old software. Screw the new edition, with the new "features" whatever those are.

In a year, my Quicken 2014 will expire, and perhaps I should invest time to look into something different.

I use Quicken 2016 and Windows 10. I do account/portfolio updates, but not many ticker symbol updates.

No major problems here.

I use Quicken 2016 and Windows 10. I do account/portfolio updates, but not many ticker symbol updates.

No major problems here.

+1 Windows 10 and Quicken 2016 - no issues

This was my first major issue I've had in my 20 year history. Never had a problem before, and I've abused the data files pretty hard with cold shutdowns and other crashes.

I started going backwards and restoring backups, and found the last good copy. In retracing my steps, I can trace it back to a time I had quicken open and the computer went to sleep. Some interplay between quicken and the filesystem caused the data file to just get badly corrupted.

So, it looks like I'll have to reenter some data. Not a huge issue, just a slight pain. I will not let quicken be open while the computer sleeps again.

2016 is not better. No new features, except for injected bugs. Quicken (I'd say "Intuit", but who really owns it?) now forces you to sign on to their server, even if you don't use their cloud services. That's their new "feature", which I don't want, and really just smells like a call home ping for their big data engine. Why would I trust them with my data?

Growl. This product is moving backwards.

I waited a period of time before upgrading to Windows 10 and before upgrading to Quicken 2016, but completed the latter upgrade over a month ago. I've had no hangs or other serious problems.

The UI is flaky as it has been since Quicken 2013, evidently to make the user interface more of a browser-based experience so they can deliver new user experiences without a software update. One thing I've noticed there is that I can no longer get ^B (Backup) to work everywhere. I generally have to pull down a menu to break out of whatever environment they create with the display I'm interacting with, and then ^B is recognized.

However, that's the only appreciable problem that I've experienced with Windows 10 and Quicken 2016.

Back
Top Bottom