How sweet it is...

RobbieB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi All,

Retired for 20 months now and having fun. Just found this site yesterday and thought I'd sign up.

Into motorcycles and home theater so I've been on a few of those forums.

But this looks good to share all of the "not working" stuff that is my new life.

Do your friends call you Cruiser?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Welcome, you should quickly find a number of us that are fond of motorcycles (and cars :)).

You might find this site helpful:

Retirement Planning: A Second Career? | Now It Counts

Most of the focus on retirement planning is about stashing away money in your 401(k) and IRA, when to leave your job, and what the right age is to start taking Social Security.

That’s all crucial (we highly recommend a retirement checklist), but what people are forgetting is what they want to be and do when they grow up, says Seattle-based retirement expert Andy Landis, the author of When I Retire. The best retirement plans come from fulfillment in how you spend your time.

“It can be agony if you’re trying to figure out what to do and driving other people crazy,” Landis says. “I have heard of people getting into endless games of Solitaire, which is just a shame. You have all this knowledge that you built up over your entire career, and the world is crying out for these skills. Yet you don’t know what to do with yourself.”

The solution is having a life plan towards retirement not unlike the financial plan many of us have set up already. No matter how much money you’ve saved, you have to have a life to get up for, he says.

Emphasis added

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom