Game of Thrones - Spoiler Alert

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Haha .. Just saw the resurrection of Jon Snow. Have you guys been watching Game of Thrones :dance:

I read the first three books then quit. Far too tedious. My Laborer foreman is a bit of a bookworm and agreed but said the HBO series was much better. I started last month and he was very right!

Still only on Season 2, though.

I haven't tried to get through the violence. I love historical period drama. But sometimes it's too gruesome?

Oh - I see it's actually paranormal, legendary type genre. Never mind.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, but it might be better not to put a spoiler in the thread title.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Wait, Jon Snow is alive again?? Might want to move that out of the title and add Spoiler Alert to the title in case anyone other than me wants to watch the show in a month or two without knowing what's happened already. :)

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000;d

eh - animated, maybe. alive? looks like they already went through his clothes looking for the loose change. Are white walkers alive? Is his real name no one?

Fully agree with the spoiler posts so I changed the thread title.

I guess im the only one who thinks this show is meh. I always watch the show the day after...and fast forward through a lot of the slow boring dialog. The fact that anyone can be brought back from the dead is lame. Was anyone really surprised to see snow resurrected?

No one was surprised, and while a popular character it goes against the "anyone can die on this show, it's smarter" fanfare. And after TWD this year it's getting a little old.

While, however, he may have a pulse now, doesn't mean he's the same person - time will tell.

If he had really died it would have been better writing, but then I probably would feel less compelled to keep watching...

I actually like some of the dialog - Give me an entire show of Tyrion and Varys bickering every week and I'd be quite happy.

Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) is by far my favorite character. I searched for other films like The Station Agent and enjoyed watching him in those.

Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) is by far my favorite character. I searched for other films like The Station Agent and enjoyed watching him in those.

After the last episode, I decided I would watch a spin off show of Tyrion and Varys just ruling the city. Those two together in the scene with the dragons was fantastic.

I love GoT but feel like they are really "phoning in" some of the twists and dramatic turns so far this year. Killing Roose and reviving Jon were treated very matter of factly. And did they ever explain how Sansa and Theon survived the jump from the 100 ft. walls ? ahh.. no.

It's almost like they are just in a hurry to get to the end.

I love GoT but feel like they are really "phoning in" some of the twists and dramatic turns so far this year. Killing Roose and reviving Jon were treated very matter of factly. And did they ever explain how Sansa and Theon survived the jump from the 100 ft. walls ? ahh.. no.

It's almost like they are just in a hurry to get to the end.

I thought they jumped into a moat or snow bank.

I guess im the only one who thinks this show is meh. I always watch the show the day after...and fast forward through a lot of the slow boring dialog. The fact that anyone can be brought back from the dead is lame. Was anyone really surprised to see snow resurrected?
If I hadn't slept through the mystical portion of the first book, I probably would have bailed right there. But then there was a long span of non-fantasy, and I got hooked (I did the audio books w/family first). If I'd known about the shadow babies, undead mountains and CR*p at the beginning, I'd never be a follower.

I watch as entertainment, without getting too caught up in what is possible vs too much fantasy. It has so many plot lines that I get mixed up on characters and what/who they are :LOL:

I watch as entertainment, without getting too caught up in what is possible vs too much fantasy. It has so many plot lines that I get mixed up on characters and what/who they are :LOL:

Me too. And I've read the books!

Just a suggestion, but it might be better not to put a spoiler in the thread title.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Too late. The original thread title ruined it for me.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom