Today is World Toilet Day

GrayHare

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The theme of World Toilet Day 2016 is "toilets and j*bs".

Experience this growing movement.

Given the recent bidet thread here, bathroom fixtures make lots of us flush with excitement.

A bidet seat is the "finishing touch" to all things bathroom related.

It is so far ahead of cleaning with TP, the difference can be compared to a toilet vs squatting in the bushes.

Just plain "civilized" - :)

...........It is so far ahead of cleaning with TP, the difference can be compared to a toilet vs squatting in the bushes.
I don't know - I'd consider it a wash.

I think modern indoor plumbing attached to city sewage connections comprise one of the highest accomplishments of mankind. With these conveniences, I will always consider my life to have been an outstanding success.

Ode To The Toilet

...by Raychil

Here's an ode to something special
That we take advantage of everyday
And yet we never see how special
It is in its own way

An ode to the porcelain god
With our thanks we don't even spoil it
Though its the stool of great ideas
If you haven't guessed, its the toilet

Your toilet is there through it all
It grants you a place to think
It lets you borrow its great wisdom
Even though you make it stink

Think of how much time you spend
Sitting on its ceramic bowl
Without once even turning around
To thank it for a solution to your goal

Or how about when you read
And use it up for hours
Sitting there in your own little world
Not acknowledging its powers

This object is sadly abused
And yet it gives and gives
But we still take advantage
Of the wise ways it lives

It does so much for you
You should be thankful for it
So next time you get a bright idea
Don't forget to thank your toilet.

Kinda brings a tear to yer eye, don't it?

Last edited:
Also interesting to realize that what we know today hasn't actually been around for all that long.

I'm a city kid, so it was always there, although it just emptied into a cesspool in the back yard, and we didn't get sewers on my street until I was in high school.

DW grew up on a farm, and didn't have indoor plumbing until she was nearly 12 years old.

Toilets are important. All that fancy clothes, jewelry, makeups are rendered pointless if you deny a person the use of a toilet. And the denial has been used to degrade a person.

Indoor toilets lack the true entertainment value of a breezy outhouse on a 10F day.

Indoor toilets lack the true entertainment value of a breezy outhouse on a 10F day.

Or a nice 100° summer day.:D

With the regular discussion here of BS buckets, clearly this board is ahead of the curve on the "toilets and j*bs" theme.

Last edited:
And flies. Lot's of flies.

"Flies all green and buzzin' in this chamber of despair" - FZ

Always griping about something, so here goes: Back in the 50's, you could get your toilet colored in light green, dark green, pink, red, light blue, dark blue, brown, black, yellow, etc., etc. Now you've got a choice of white, almond, or off-white, unless you pay big bucks. Just had a water-softener replaced, discussed this with installer, and he said he could get me black or dark-blue, but they ran $800++. Since there are so many more people than 60 years ago, and technology is so more advanced, why don't we have color choices anymore.

Agree with previous posters that toilets are great things......until they aren't working right....then they're a pain in the "what you're setting on them".

You can thank the real estate industry for the neutrality of home decor. They've made everyone afraid to offend the tastes of Future Buyers. P.S. I wasn't around in the 50's but I grew up in a 50's neighborhood. I don't recall ever seeing a red toilet :LOL:

Always griping about something, so here goes: Back in the 50's, you could get your toilet colored in light green, dark green, pink, red, light blue, dark blue, brown, black, yellow, etc., etc. Since there are so many more people than 60 years ago, and technology is so more advanced, why don't we have color choices anymore.

You can thank the real estate industry for the neutrality of home decor. They've made everyone afraid to offend the tastes of Future Buyers. P.S. I wasn't around in the 50's but I grew up in a 50's neighborhood. I don't recall ever seeing a red toilet :LOL:

I've seen the red ones, but they were more of a dark red like burgundy.

Think your comment is partly right. But also think it's the cheapness of the industry to save money on inventory. If you have 10 colors, you have to stock 10-times as many toilets. If you have only one color, then only 1/10th as much.

Also disappointed in all the posters on this site about not doing a bunch of 'crapper' jokes, etc., on this thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom