Thank you for the Fido Promo Info

TrvlBug

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A huge thank you to the poster(s) who mentioned the $1,200 Fido promo. DH retired this year and we are in the process of rolling over his Vanguard 401K to Fido IRA to consolidate accounts. We were unaware of this promo and would have missed out on a very, very nice Christmas present for us :dance:.

The promo expires at the end of the year.

No charge. (I got it too.)

For those of us who may have missed the original thread can you point us there or give more details?

For those of us who may have missed the original thread can you point us there or give more details?

Unfortunately, I don't remember the thread, otherwise I would have posted my thanks there. Fido (as well as others) occasionally have promotions for moving money from elsewhere to Fido. We took advantage of one 5 years ago for $600, moving my 401K $ to Fido when I retired. I don't know the details of this one other than depending on how much $ was moved, one could receive up to $1,200 which we did (or will once the move takes place). It's not something they will advise you of; we had to ask our rep.

When I was moving my money out of my FIDO 401(k) to Vanguard, the rep offered some reward (a FIDO promotion) to stay within the FIDO IRA family rather than go to the Vanguard IRA funds.

I ran the annual costs of investing my planned portfolio with Vanguard funds and staying with equivalent FIDO funds. The rewards of staying with FIDO was lost within 1 year due to expenses, and then I would pay extra every year into the future. Note that this expense difference was just for my mix of funds and not for every situation. Obviously performance also comes into play. Also people with a preference for access to brick and mortar should take that into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom