2015 YTD performance thread

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was trying to find 2015 YTD performance thread but was unable to find it. Since I'm new to retirement and seems I'm always being cautious I was wanting to look what people had for gains in % last year on their portfolio. If someone has it would you give me the link.

Thank you.

2015 looked pretty sad. In the past I really never track my investment I just keep buying and I no there were good days and bad days. I realize 2008 was a bad one I didn't even look that year. Lol How often since you been tracking YTD has it been a negative??

2015 looked pretty sad. In the past I really never track my investment I just keep buying and I no there were good days and bad days. I realize 2008 was a bad one I didn't even look that year. Lol How often since you been tracking YTD has it been a negative??

I've been tracking it since 1996 and had 4 -ve years, 3 of those were consecutive.

Alan>>>Interesting and thanks. What do you think you averaged over 20 years?

Alan>>>Interesting and thanks. What do you think you averaged over 20 years?

Last 3 years 5.5%
Last 5 years 7%
Last 10 years 5.35%
Last 15 years 5.81%

I haven't actually calculated the 20 year figure and I'm not at my computer (just reading the spreadsheet on my iPad) but I expect it to be over 6% as the first 5 years were great returns while the stock market was booming in the 90's.

Thank you so much for sharing your numbers and really do appreciate your help. It gives me some idea of what history has done. I do know that it could be completely different in the next 20 years.
Thank you!

I've been tracking it since 1996 and had 4 -ve years, 3 of those were consecutive.

Been tracking since 1993. Same as above - four negative years (2000. 2001, 2002, and 2008). Average yearly rate of return for the past 24 years = 8.1%.

if the next 24 years could promise the same, i would be a happy camper, but for retirement purposes, planning on 5% or so.

Thank you for the information. If I can even average 2% over the next 20 years I would be a happy camper. Lol

Back
Top Bottom