Pictures

Karmaduck

Dryer sheet wannabe
Pictures- can we get rid of them? They are really annoying and don't add value to the forum. Thanks

I'm not sure that after 16 posts one can yet determine what is of value on this forum.

Pictures and other inserts can add valuable detail. And sometimes it's just fun. Bring on the pics!

I think we need more pictures. Too much text taxes the mind.

I think we need a pole...

Attachments

• pole.png
    pole.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 35
Denny's built almost all their success on a picture menu. We should learn from that

Is it a picture an OP posts? Or is it other posters quoting and posting the same picture multiple times? I agree that is aggravating and not helpful when someone is on a slow internet.

Just because somebody had to do it:

Since when is a single bull called a bunch?

Yesterday, a photo was posted of a place called Notrees that actually showed a tree.

See? Words lie. Photos don't (the ones that are not photoshopped, I mean).

Since when is a single bull called a bunch?

Yesterday, a photo was posted of a place called Notrees that actually showed a tree.

See? Words lie. Photos don't (the ones that are not photoshopped, I mean).

Well, so you say.

But, there's always more than one way to look at it. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 282
+1 I like photos. Is the OP still on a 2400 baud modem or something? ;)

Pictures- can we get rid of them? They are really annoying and don't add value to the forum. Thanks

Do you mean posts with pictures? Or adds with them?

When you read the forum on an iPad, for example, there are random stock photos inserted at the beginning of some threads, based on key words. Sometimes the photos don't make sense. They also take up a lot of space and (for those of us with slow internet) more downloading time.

There is a way to set your preferences to eliminate these photos, though I always have to hunt around to find it.

To get rid of images included by the author of a post, you can try this:

1. Click on "User CP", in the horizontal bar above.
2. Look at "Settings and Options" on the left, and click on "Edit Options".
3. Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and uncheck "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG.]
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes".

Hope this helps.

Many browsers let you turn off pictures, or load them only upon request. OTOH, since it's an easy way to escape ads newer browsers have likely eliminated it.

I don't like the auto-embedding of YouTube videos when you try to just link to one.

Back
Top Bottom