Calculator for Asst Living & Nursing Care

Thanks- I hope DS and DDIL stay in Iowa because I plan to move near them when I need LTC. Glad DS and I don't live in NJ anymore.

Can I ask what browser you are using? The form you fill in appears just fine but when I click on calculate results do not display

Apparently there are some comments below it referencing that problem. I have used Chrome and Firefox with no results

Can I ask what browser you are using? The form you fill in appears just fine but when I click on calculate results do not display

Apparently there are some comments below it referencing that problem. I have used Chrome and Firefox with no results

I had trouble with FF and Safari, but was able to see it with Chrome. Try reducing your font size, see if that helps.

I had trouble with FF and Safari, but was able to see it with Chrome. Try reducing your font size, see if that helps.

I battled with it in MSIE and Edge, and got nothing. That's enough, I give up. If they couldn't possibly take the time to make the results available on every commonly used browser, I suspect they probably didn't take the time to find results worth reading in the first place.

Last edited:

Give me your info, Ill run it for you and post it. I need your state, and if you want nursing home, assisted living or home health attendant.

It seems to be working with Internet Explorer. Chrome & Firefox still a no-go, just in case any of you are still in a mood to give it a try

HA! disregard. I got one good swoop in IE then on the next run got the same problem as before.

Didn't look at the calculator but put my dad in a California nursing home in 2013 and it was $5500 a month for the cheapest I could find, high end was north of $8500. Pretty tough to use a calculator to figure how long you will survive with a given illness

Didn't look at the calculator but put my dad in a California nursing home in 2013 and it was $5500 a month for the cheapest I could find, high end was north of $8500. Pretty tough to use a calculator to figure how long you will survive with a given illness

Yes you have me beat , 39 nice, I left at 45, But a poster told me I really retired at 50 , he rounded up:LOL:

The calculator worked the first time for me but when I tried to enter other locations, it stopped working. Gives me the left column blurred and unreadable and no cost information. Using Chrome.

The small city in Texas where most of my family lives was not every expensive for assisted living or for a private room in a nursing home. I could easily afford it. But I'm not sure I want to die there although maybe at that point it does not matter where you reside.

Last edited:
Did you note the fineprint at the bottom of the screen: from a Genworth study completed in 2005.

Sorry for everyone's problems with this. I used IE.

Back
Top Bottom