Quantum Reconstruction

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Some scientists want to take a new look at Quantum Theory, one of my favorite subjects for conversation when things are getting dull. So, if science and unusual phenomena float your boat, read on.....

https://www.wired.com/story/physicists-want-to-rebuild-quantum-theory-from-scratch/

So particles can be in two places at once, or communicate instantaneously over vast distances? Get over it. After all, the theory works fine.

Causation imposes chronological ordering: An effect can’t precede its cause. But Hardy suspects that the axioms we need to build quantum theory will be ones that embrace a lack of definite causal structure—no unique time-ordering of events—which he says is what we should expect when quantum theory is combined with general relativity.

Last edited:
To a non-physicist like me, quantum theory sounds much like one trying to discern the beauty of a rose by dissecting it.

Carry on o learned ones.:D

All quantum weirdness simplifies to Newtonian math under the Many Interacting Worlds (MIW) Theory. MIW attributes quantum effects to tiny interactions between our universe and others that exist nearby in a higher spatial dimension.

http://fqxi.org/community/articles/display/210

This stuff is about as weird as the Ancient Aliens TV program. :D

Are these folks that are messing around with trying to understand something no one understands going to ask for federal grants to do their research:confused:?

Maybe they can figure out how to develop some new content and make it into a TV program to generate some cash?

Are these folks that are messing around with trying to understand something no one understands going to ask for federal grants to do their research:confused:?

I spent most of my career working with physicists and was thinking the same thing. Follow the money.

Maybe they can figure out how to develop some new content and make it into a TV program to generate some cash?
Of course they are getting government grants. Quantum theory makes predictions more accurate than anything else in history. We would have to be the dumbest superpower conceivable not to be all over this. NSA probably invests a fortune in quantum computing research - money well spent IMO.

Of course they are getting government grants. Quantum theory makes predictions more accurate than anything else in history. We would have to be the dumbest superpower conceivable not to be all over this. NSA probably invests a fortune in quantum computing research - money well spent IMO.

Agreed, but it seems that many disciplines (regardless of merit) can trot out all sort of promises, theories and off-the-wall ideas with the sole purpose of "continuing their research" aka: keeping food on the table.

Of course they want grants!!!

But the best is the one that says we are just one bubble in a multiverse... that there are many other bubbles... which cannot be proved... as everything that we can know is inside our bubble and all bubbles are separate....

However, that did not stop someone from doing research.....

'Bubble Universes' and Multiverse Theory Tested by Scientists

Back
Top Bottom