Hugh Hefner Dead at 91

Silver

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have always thought Hugh Hefner was a brilliant business man. He did a lot to change our culture, and most people either admired him or condemned him. I also admire his daughter for her business expertise as well.

It's a little known fact that in 1970, Playboy was the first "gentlemen's" magazine that was published in braille. I find that to be hilarious.

It's a little known fact that in 1970, Playboy was the first "gentlemen's" magazine that was published in braille.

Was that for the text or the photos?

Yep ;)

Attachments

• i-vzzdm8z-X3.jpg
    i-vzzdm8z-X3.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 47
This thread is absolutely worthless without pictures, and lot's of them. It's to bad we can't post our favorites. :)

OK, a quick question for all you, and every man over 40 should know the answer. What Iconic symbol was hidden (sometimes pretty well) on the front cover of every Playboy magazine published? (I think it was all of them)

Last edited:
Google is your friend:

An urban legend started about Hefner and the Playmate of the Month because of markings on the front covers of the magazine. From 1955 to 1979 (except for a six-month gap in 1976), the "P" in Playboy had stars printed in or around the letter. The legend stated that this was either a rating that Hefner gave to the Playmate according to how attractive she was, the number of times that Hefner had slept with her, or how good she was in bed. The stars, between zero and 12, actually indicated the domestic or international advertising region for that printing.

Sex rocks! I'm planning to have sex as much as I can - :)

I admit it - I used to sneak my older brother's Playboy magazines to read the articles - oh and occasionally [-]leer at[/-] peruse the naked ladies. Hef seemed so cool in his smoking jacket and pipe and the jokes seemed so sophisticated. In retrospect, pretty tame stuff by today's standards.

I still recall two of the "playmates" names - Amber Waves and Pat Pending.

Last edited:
I recall Barbie Benton, vividly :D. Saw a picture of her recently and she's still very attractive at ~67.

He is not in a better place. :LOL: :hide:

No doubt. I told my DW last night that I am pretty sure this man lived the life that about [-]xx%[/-] (not even going there!) of men only dreamed of. And reports that he "died in his sleep"...even if technically *not true*, how many folks get to really go out that way?

It's been disappointing to see the negative stories that are being run on the man..even some folks think that it's "creepy" that he purchased a cemetery spot next to Marilyn. :confused:

OK, a quick question for all you, and every man over 40 should know the answer. What Iconic symbol was hidden (sometimes pretty well) on the front cover of every Playboy magazine published? (I think it was all of them)

I know, I know <waving hand in the air> :greetings10:

I'm not a guy, but...they always hid a bunny symbol somewhere on the cover...sometimes it took a bit of searching.

A few examples here CRACKED.com, Playboy Magazine has a bunny on every cover, and 6...

omni

Back
Top Bottom