I'm back and I'm FIRE'd

Gunny

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi gang. Posted here a few years back under a different user name. My plan then was to FIRE in 2019 at the Fed Govt MRA, but I was offered an early retirement in 2015 at age 52. I took it and ran. Settled back in Alabama near Lake Guntersville and took a sub teaching/coaching gig (12 hours per week) to stay connected and mentor kids. I'm married (she's a homemaker) and we have a 13 yo son. Our current numbers are: me age 54 wife 52, pension income of 41k/year eligible for COLA at age 62, FERS special supplement of 6000k/year at age 56 which runs until age 62, 5k/year in PT salary, 725k in retirement accounts (85% equities, 10% bonds, 5% cash) 65k in DS's 529 account (he wants to attend Alabama and study engineering), nearly free medical due to military retirement, mortgage balance of 195k on a property worth 210k, no other debt. We currently siphon of approximately 6k/year from Roth IRA to augment our income for travel. We enjoy a more frugal life style (think Mrmoneymustache) which our 4K/month income easily affords. I look forward to reconnecting with the posters on this forum and garnering even more personal finance nuggets of wisdom.

Sounds like you have a wonderful life and enjoying ER. Happy for you.

Back
Top Bottom