OK, fess up, what did Santa bring you ?

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes, we are all a bit long in the tooth (for those of us still with teeth) but enjoy giving and getting during the Christmas time of the year. I gave generously and received more than I expected; two nice UA golf shirts, UA golf wind breaker, UA golf pants and three dozen golf balls (Pro Vs, Callaway Chrome Soft and Bridgestone 330s). Besides feeling like a walking ad for Under Armour I am feeling blessed. As for the golf balls, I don't lose them, I wear them out and have three dozen still in the que so I'm good.

And what did Santa or anyone else bring you this 2017 Christmas ?

Last edited:
I got a set of wilson staff v4 irons 4-GW

I got a new wetsuit for cold-weather whitewater. It’s a two-piece, replacing the 30 year old farmer john style that I have been wearing. Two-piece is clutch as it will allow for pit stops without having to take off the dry top I wear as my outer layer.

There’s an old joke: There are two kinds of people. Those who pee in their wetsuit and those that lie about it.

Stanley FatMax Professional Digital Power Station,:cool:

Coffee mug and sweatshirt with "Word Champion Astros 2017" Logos ;)

There’s an old joke: There are two kinds of people. Those who pee in their wetsuit and those that lie about it.

Reminds me of an old cartoon - A drawing of Charlie Brown wearing a suit was in the court clerk's office for years. The caption:

"Doing a good job around here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices."

Two pair of khaki pants, a long-john shirt, some socks and a book (Huế 1968)

This:

Attachments

• Dish.PNG
    Dish.PNG
    140 KB · Views: 62
DW and I got a fleece blanket imprinted with some really nice photos of our grandchildren. I got "The Infidel and the Professor: David Hume, Adam Smith, and the Friendship That Shaped Modern Thought Kindle Edition"

Four nice flannel shirts from Lands End and a pair of AirPods. Great stuff!

I tell my wife I’m the richest man on earth and don’t need anything and she obliges, I did get a Roku and some clothes from siblings and a box of chocolates with $100 from mom, a few nick nack stuff from friends

New iPad. The old iPad2 wouldn't load a lot of apps. Too bad, because it works perfectly otherwise. I really hate this forced obsolescence.

A bottle of Pinot Noir, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black, and news of twin grandchildren due in July. And no, I haven’t opened the scotch or wine yet.

A Roomba. I don't actually have it yet. My son is a last minute Christmas shopper :LOL: but it's supposed to arrive day after tomorrow. Really excited :dance: Now if they can just figure out how to make the rest of the house self-cleaning. :cool:

At this stage in our lives, we are more into giving than receiving. This year I told my wife that I wanted to do something outstanding. We talked it over and decided to give my son my Rolex Submariner. My wife gave it to me for our 25th wedding anniversary in 1997. I am worried that if I had a medical emergency or was in an accident, those that answer the call may not be so kind to me and might take the watch and I'd never see it again. Better to give it up now and see my son enjoy it.

Some home made brownies, a plate of home made turtles, and some sugared walnuts. I know some fine cooks!

We don't exchange gifts, but we did purchase quite a few goodies during the November Black Friday time period. So far, we bought two iPhone X's, an iPad Pro, an Apple Watch Series 3, and a Tivo. We also purchased a couple of back massagers for our offices. I think we're done buying stuff for quite a while now.

Flannel PJ's, Flannel shirt with lining (sort of a shirt-jacket), Almond Roca and an electric screwdriver.

A new Kindle (as the old one decided to stop charging), an IP Security camera (as there have been too many break-ins and general mischief in the neighborhood), and an Air Fryer.

The IP Security camera has been fun, maybe I"ll finally figure out which neighbors dog is pooping in my yard without cleaning up.

The Air Fryer did a good job making fries and breaded shrimp, next going to try to make some fried chicken.

Snow shoes from the doggies. Earrings and a pin; book about goats, goat milk soap; nice donation to two of my “ causes” lots of fancy candy

Santa does his own shopping in my house, so a new espresso machine and a Bose bluetooth speaker magically showed up under my tree :)

Back
Top Bottom