Class of 2018 here I come!

hociemocie

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi everyone, I am glad to have found this site! I have been struggling with making it through the last few months of work before I take early retirement at 52. I am a high school teacher at an alternative school and will not announce my retirement plans until the summer months. I have long felt that my personal life interferes with my job, so I am ecstatic to soon be living unscripted without bells telling me when to eat anymore! How do you get through the very last days - I have 72 student contact days left. I have always loved my job, but I'm kinda done now.. . :D Thanks in advance! This community appears to be thriving- I look forward to being a part of it!

Jan

Congratulations on making your decision to retire. The last three months of work were tough, I so wanted to be out of there. I just showed up every day, knowing that was one less day I was going to have to work, and keeping my eye on December 31.

Welcome hociemocie! If you haven't found them already, we have a helpful list of things to think about as you prepare to join the class of 2018:

Some Important Questions to Answer

We look forward to your contributions!

Congrats...

Congratulations on making your decision to retire. The last three months of work were tough, I so wanted to be out of there. I just showed up every day, knowing that was one less day I was going to have to work, and keeping my eye on December 31.

Man, it's hard some days.. .thanks for the support!

I am with you hociemocie ! I have until May something or other. That makes it just over 3 months to go before retiring myself. I am at work now (can't you tell by my "productivity")? hahaha

Congrats - my sister, 4 nieces/nephews and 2 of our daughters are public school K-12 teachers. I hear about their adventures with students (and parents) often. Apparently, school ain't what it used to be back in the day !

Congratulations! I gave notice on January 2nd and have 49 days (total, not work days) left. In my job I get a lot of whining that requires me to diplomatically respond and hold their hands through the issue. I find my filter is harder and harder to hold on to with my date now set.

Back
Top Bottom