How many different pairs of glasses do you wear each day?

jfn111

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm just wondering if I'm the only nut job?
:D

1) I have my bifocals that I wear most of the day.
2) I have my bifocal sunglasses for driving.
3) I have my computer glasses, center of vision optimized for about 3'.
4) I have my TV glasses, non bifocal, that makes it more comfortable for watching TV in bed.

A pair of transition lens glasses I wear for driving/walking outside......whip them off the second I get inside the door.

Only sunglasses, when needed. :cool:

(I do wear monovision contact lenses from waking-time to bedtime.)

omni

Just readers, since my cataract surgery.

Well, I also have some expensive non-prescription RayBan wraparound sunglasses that make me feel like a movie star. I keep them in the car to wear when driving. Honestly they are the only thing about driving that is fun any more. :LOL:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
A pair of Ray Ban outside and for serious reading I have reading glasses. Can't get away with OTC because of the momovision set up from cataract surgury..

Going from having to find my glasses in order to find the floor with my feet is still amazing.

Whenever I get a new glasses prescription, I order a handful of single-vision glasses from one of the Chinese suppliers. I get pairs of reading glasses (close prescription) for each place that I typically sit and read plus a pair to carry when I travel. I get pairs of computer glasses (mid-prescription) for each (2) places that I work.

The reading glasses frames are predominantly black. The computer glasses frames are predominantly brown or gold. I am not fussy about the frame look, so typically I get tham on sale @ two pairs for $25 plus shipping.

Most days at home I wear three different pairs plus clip-on sunglasses when driving.

I wear a pair of non-prescription reading glasses most of the time when I am indoors, doing anything which requires seeing something close-up. That includes reading (a book, on the PC, or playing my Strat-o-Matic baseball game), cooking, and doing dishes (so I can see what the heck I am doing). I don't need to look through them when I am watching TV, so if I am doing that and something I need the glasses to see, I wear the glasses further down on my nose so I can see straight ahead with them.

One pair of bifocals for daily use (everything). One pair of bifocal sunglasses. Both ordered from Zinni.

I use 2 on a regular basis. 1) indoor (casual, old prescription) and 2) computer glasses.

When driving at night, I use a stronger prescription glasses and also have a nice comfy pair of prescription sunglasses when the sun is too bright for my transitions.

But for up close viewing (like reading off smartphone), nothing beats taking the glasses off going with naked eye :).

Only non-prescription readers -- since finding Clics on Amazon a few years ago, I no longer require multiple pairs of cheapo readers scattered around the house/auto.

When I worked, I used monovision contacts. Now I just use cheap Costco reading glasses. A pair by the computer, a pair in the kitchen, a pair in the bedroom, and one in the purse. Gets me through the day.

I just wear a pair of progressive glasses all the time. No readers, sun glasses, etc. Works just fine.

_B

A handful of cheap EBay readers scattered around each room of the house and in each car. Bifocal reader/sunglasses for driving, regular sunglasses for everything else outdoors.

I have a pair of bifocals with the close lenses adjusted for instrument gauge distance, that I use for driving. Otherwise, I don't wear glasses at all.

Two pairs. One set of bifocals ground for 30 inches upper when I sit at the PC. The other I use for everything else.

A pair of progressives that I wear most often.
A pair of single vision sunglasses for driving - kept in the car
A pair of single vision sunglasses for bicycling/hiking, sweaty sports.
A back up pair of progressives that I take when we travel. Nothing could ruin a vacation more quickly than not being able to see.

My main glasses are transition lenses and I'm surprised at the number of people that use just those, and not sunglasses, for driving.
Mine don't get very dark in the car.

For a couple years after cataract surgery, I had multiple reading glasses (of various strengths) spread all over the house and workshop plus some bi-focal sunglasses in the car so I could read the dash and GPS. It was very frustrating having to constantly change glasses for different activities.

I now have one pair of glasses that I wear all the time. It's a very expensive Hoya progressive lens that works great for any situation. My eyes and brain have adapted quite well. I sometimes take them off for watching TV, walking, hiking, and other outdoor activities. I don't really need them for distance vision. They have transition lenses, which I like. But sometimes if it's too bright while driving, I switch back to the old bi-focal sunglasses.

This is way better than all the readers but the trade-off is I'm back to wearing glasses almost all the time.

Last edited:
My main glasses are transition lenses and I'm surprised at the number of people that use just those, and not sunglasses, for driving.
Mine don't get very dark in the car.

I thought of transition lenses until I saw a great wraparound style of RayBan sunglasses that I wanted. I added a photo of them to my post above. They are dark, but not TOO dark, with grey lenses that transmit colors reasonably, and they are polarized so I never get the slightest glare when wearing them. I never have had any but the lowest quality sunglasses before, and usually none at all. To me these RayBans are simply amazing.

My eyes have been getting stronger since I turned 55 a few years ago. This is after I stopped wearing contact lenses. I don't need reading glasses but my myopic correction has gone from -3.00 L / -2.50 R to -1.50 L/ -1.0 R. I have been changing prescription glasses every year and my current pair are too strong and will have to be changed again. I only use glasses for driving. My wife is the opposite. She never wore glasses before but needed reading glasses starting at age 46 and at 49 years years old, still has a hard time adjusting to reading glasses. She can't read the menu at restaurants without glasses. She complains that the food on her plate is blurry without glasses. She has about 6 pairs all over the house.

My regular progressives daily, distance only sunglasses for driving.

My eyes have been getting stronger since I turned 55 a few years ago. This is after I stopped wearing contact lenses. I don't need reading glasses but my myopic correction has gone from -3.00 L / -2.50 R to -1.50 L/ -1.0 R. I have been changing prescription glasses every year and my current pair are too strong and will have to be changed again. I only use glasses for driving. My wife is the opposite. She never wore glasses before but needed reading glasses starting at age 46 and at 49 years years old, still has a hard time adjusting to reading glasses. She can't read the menu at restaurants without glasses. She complains that the food on her plate is blurry without glasses. She has about 6 pairs all over the house.

I am 55 as well and my last two eye exams show both eyes are improving. My eye doctor said this is not uncommon as you age.

At least 5-7 different glasses per day. I have cheapo readers placed all over the house, in both cars and in my golf bag. I sprung for two pairs of progressives last year, regular clear and sunglasses - but I don’t much care for them. If you’re a “nut job,” so am I.

I’m about +1.00 distance and +2.00 reading.

Last edited:
2 pair most days. Mostly progressive lens glasses, but wear cheap sunglasses outside on sunny days. I also have progressive lens sunglasses that I seldom wear because there is something about the prescription that just doesn’t work for me. Also have non prescription reading type safety glasses in my workshop that I only wear when operating power tools.

Last edited:
I wear cheap reading glasses with my contacts. I wear them most of the day.

I have a pair of good quality prescription reading glasses for computer work. But somehow I don't use them often.

When I take a break from my contacts, I have a pair of bifocals to wear.

I wear sunglasses all the time outside.

I have a pair of prescription bifocal sunglasses - a bit old now, but I rarely wear them since I am usually wearing my contacts.

Back
Top Bottom