Instant Pot deals

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Attachments

• Instant Pot.JPG
    Instant Pot.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 76
I don't work for Instant Pot, but my gawd I love that thing. It's renewed my interest in cooking, which was much needed. Heck, I have two. Why? Because I can.

I have a 6 quart and a 3 quart. The 3 qt. is perfect for the side dish. Like when I make Mongolian Beef, I can do the rice in the 3 qt. at the same time.

There's an Instant Pot Community on Facebook. It has 1.4 MILLION members. Some of those folks have 3, 4, 5 pots... It's an addiction. Luckily I only have room for two.

We just discovered the wonderfulness of sous vide steak: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide which we finished on the grill.

I ordered and then cancelled (too much of an impulse purchase, probably too small even for just two people) the 3 qt Instant Pot Ultra on Prime Day. Still on the fence but I think I would love it.

I ordered and then cancelled (too much of an impulse purchase, probably too small even for just two people) the 3 qt Instant Pot Ultra on Prime Day. Still on the fence but I think I would love it.

I bought my first one (not Instant Pot brand) at Kohl's. I didn't like it. I took it back, and they gave me a full refund, and then I bought an Instant Pot. So buy it somewhere you can return it and give it a go:confused:

That's a very good price on the 6 quart 7 in one. Amazon's Black Friday prices are usually $70-$75. I have two of the 6 quart and one three quart. One is for Arizona, the other two are here. Rice in the three quart and stew or beans in the 6 quart.

I bought my first one (not Instant Pot brand) at Kohl's. I didn't like it. I took it back, and they gave me a full refund, and then I bought an Instant Pot. So buy it somewhere you can return it and give it a go:confused:

Good idea.

HEB (a large chain grocery store in most of Texas) had a 6 quart instant pot on sale in the store this week for $49. I did not recognize the model number, other than that it was a 6 quart model.

Since buying one last year, my DW has made some really awesome meals in a short time period. We now eat much better knowing it won't take all day long to make a roast with potatoes, and carrots, or corned beef/cabbage. So many other things you can use the instant pot for.....two thumbs up:clap:

Had a friend stay with us last week and I made a pasta with meat sauce recipe in the IP...a dish that DW and I really like. When my friend saw it, he said "Looks like the school spaghetti lunch". WTF! I was ready to dump it on his head. Regardless, DW and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had a friend stay with us last week and I made a pasta with meat sauce recipe in the IP...a dish that DW and I really like. When my friend saw it, he said "Looks like the school spaghetti lunch". WTF! I was ready to dump it on his head. Regardless, DW and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well your friend should have been taking you out to eat anyway, so school lunch spaghetti is what he gets. Otherwise he’d stay longer.

So what is the big deal with these gadgets? Looks to me like a pressure cooker that sits on the counter.

So much more than just a pressure cooker.....fast, easy, and delicious.

Examples from Food Network:

Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Traditional, slow-cooked pulled pork can take up to 8 hours to cook, but when you use the saute setting, you'll be able to produce this juicy, fork-tender batch in just under two hours.

Instant Pot Carnitas - The great thing about these one-pot carnitas is that you don't have to wait all day for the perfect taco.

Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Didn't know your Instant Pot® could handle a whole chicken? Well, it can! And you'll have soul-soothing bowls of chicken noodle soup in only 45 minutes.

Instant Pot Pot Roast - Searing and pressure cooking your pot roast in a versatile Instant Pot® helps you get that fall-apart-tender meat quicker than you would with a traditional recipe.

etc, etc, etc.....

https://www.costco.com/.product.100468346.html?&EMID=B2C_2019_0304_HotBuys

8 qt. for $40.

So what is the big deal with these gadgets? Looks to me like a pressure cooker that sits on the counter.

So, so much more. Today I am going to cook hamburg in it. I will use the "Saute" setting which tells you when it is optimally hot. The hamburg goes way down into the high-sided InstaPot where it can spatter away and not get the stove top all greasy. And so far nothing has stuck to it that doesn't come off easily with a plastic scrubby.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100468346.html?&EMID=B2C_2019_0304_HotBuys

8 qt. for $40.

Yes, it's an electric pressure cooker. It's programmable and has a lot of safety features including easy to release pressure/cooldown, so that makes it much easier to use/useful.

Some of us were too intimidated to used a stove top pressure cooker which required carrying over to sink to cool off in addition to the scary hissing noises and rattling. The instant pot is nice and quiet and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

It also easily replaces a crock pot. I don't use it that way, but I also got rid of my crockpot since the instant pot easily replaced it with much better results due to the ability to sauté in pot, plus generally far faster.

DW burned a pot of chili in our instapot last night. It's about over for us with that thing.

I only had this happen once out of many, many cooks. And it was because the stew was way too thick and liquid couldn't get to the bottom to protect the meat. I knew something was wrong because it never would get up to pressure.

It was just the very bottom that was burned, I was able to recover.

I keep confusing this thread with the one about Marijuana stocks.

I only had this happen once out of many, many cooks. And it was because the stew was way too thick and liquid couldn't get to the bottom to protect the meat. I knew something was wrong because it never would get up to pressure.

It was just the very bottom that was burned, I was able to recover.

We finished the chili in our crock pot. We were not able to recover because we were not actively looking at the Ipot message. Why no audible alarm when the "burn" word lights up?

I love my (smaller, 3 qt) Instant Pot and it is perfect for a single senior living alone and cooking for one.

I don't have anything specific to say about it, except that it is very easy and safe to use, and cleanup is a breeze. When I want to cook something for the first time, a search on youtube will show me exactly how to do it using an Instant Pot. I have never had anything other than perfect results. I guess I have probably used it 100 times since last July when I bought it.

Generally while it is cooking I sit right by it on a bar chair at my kitchen countertop peninsula, and play video games on either of my portable video game consoles, the 3DSXL or Nintendo Switch, while it does the cooking. Whoever would have thought that cooking could be fun? :D

We finished the chili in our crock pot. We were not able to recover because we were not actively looking at the Ipot message. Why no audible alarm when the "burn" word lights up?

Was there a visual burn alarm? Never saw that and never run into that situation. Maybe what I experienced was a less severe "scorch".

I used to love my 6qt Instant Pot when I lived in the US. But here they sell for 130 euros on Amazon!

Back
Top Bottom