Poll: Which iPhone Do You Have?

iPhone Owners Only: Which Gen Do You Have?

• XS/XS Max/XR

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 8/8 Plus/X

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • 7/7 Plus

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • 6S/6S Plus/SE

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • 6/6 Plus

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • 5S

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • 5/5C

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • 4S

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Older iPhone

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Yes, I’m only asking iPhone owners, so please don’t vote if you’re an Android or other brand owner. Someone else can poll other brands. I realize no one has the latest model, but it’s there if you’ve already ordered one?

What I’m getting at is replacement frequency. DW and I hold on as long as the model is still performing within reason, we don’t care about having the latest greatest. We both have 6 Plus, still doing fine. We have older iPads too.

Last edited:
Currently the latest SE they just discontinued.

Was iPhone 3,4,5,6 every 2 years at release. Then I broke my 6 (all my fault) and went back to my 5. Discovered that I preferred the size more so I ended up getting an SE instead of the 7.
I hope they release a new SE sized phone but with edge to edge display.

Don’t do games .... just text and surf the web on my iPhone, so I don’t need the latest and greatest.

Last edited:
I could only vote once, so I voted 5s, which my original phone I purchased in 2013, but I gave it to my husband. The battery went bad on us so Apple replaced the 5s for $79. So technically we still have 5s.

I have an X. I upgraded from a 6 to get it, and only did so because I really wanted the facial-recognition unlock. The phone worked fine, had lasted several years, and I beleive would have worked a lot longer.

I would not go back to a home button/fingerprint unlock after using the X.

I would have separated the X from the 8s in your poll. They are different beasts.

Both of my kids use the latest SE model (one 32GB, the other 64GB)

I've considered switching to a 32GB iPhone SE currently held as a spare for them.

I bought my iPhone 7 two years ago.

Bought iPhone 3G in 2008
Bought iPhone 4 in 2010
Bought iPhone 5S in 2013 (damaged it beyond repair in 2016, otherwise I would have kept it longer)
Bought iPhone 7 in 2016 (still works great. I plan to keep it until it dies)

As he iPhone product line matures, I do not feel the need to replace my phone as often, as technological improvements from one year to the next are becoming more marginal.

My iPad is from 2014 and I have no plan to change it anytime soon.

Last edited:
I would have separated the X from the 8s in your poll. They are different beasts.
Right or wrong, I chose releases since I was getting at replacement frequency. And they all have the same processor so the differences aren’t that great.

Last edited:
I didn't vote because I use an LG phone. I am deliriously glad to be done with iPhones forever, at last, :dance: after all those years of thinking that there really was no decent choice other than an iPhone. Obviously I was wrong. Different strokes and all that.

Even though I use and much prefer an LG phone, I *DO* still own an iPhone.... My old iPhone 5S is restored to default, shut off, and thrown into a box with other old, useless electronic junk, malfunctioning cables, and so on. It's not worth selling that half functioning POS to some sucker; wouldn't be nice.

I was a android fan until I got my first iPhone a year ago and I love it. We use our phones until they quit working. Mine is a 7.

Have a 7. Owned a 4s and then a 5s. I made the mistake of getting the 5 with only 8gb of memory which was maddening so I was looking at a change. I ended up taking advantage of a t-mobile deal on a 7. I've had it two years and haven;t seen anything in the new phones that makes me want to upgrade.

I have no set frequency, but rather upgrade when a new version offers something significantly better.

Where is the SE in the poll?

For me to buy a replacement, I need a compelling feature.
For the SE, that was Apple Pay which my 5S did not support.

I also prefer the SE's size.
Want I really want is a thicker phone with a better camera. I know it not going to happen, but a boy can dream.

Last edited:
Where is the SE in the poll?

For me to buy a replacement, I need a compelling feature.
For the SE, that was Apple Pay which my 5S did not support.

I also prefer the SE's size.
Want I really want is a thicker phone with a better camera. I know it not going to happen, but a boy can dream.
The SE is there...

I just ordered an XS Max but it won't be here until the 21st.

As far as replacement frequency, it used to be every 2 to 3 years back when you got a 2 year contract with your phone carrier. But, 2 years ago I switched to the Apple Upgrade Program.

That does make it easy to upgrade.

So last year I got the Apple X and the monthly cost for the phone was $56.16. That includes cost of the phone and the mandatory Apple Care.

With the new phones this year I could have simply kept my Apple X and paid for another year. At that point, I would have owned the phone and could simply keep it until I was ready to sell it and get something new.

Instead I got the XS Max. I would not have upgraded just to get the XS. I don't think there are enough improvements to warrant that. But the XS Max has a larger screen and that is very attractive to me and was enough to get me to switch.

Financially I had to pay the sales tax on it upfront. The monthly payment is $64.50. However about $4 of that is because I decided to get the Apple Care that covers loss/theft which is an additional $4 a month. Had I not down that the payment would have been about $4 more a month than I am paying now.

Of course -- that is for a new 2 year agreement rather than 1 year. If you use the upgrade program you basically are looking at the phone more like a perpetual lease although you can get off the lease at any point by simply not upgrading. I think I will upgrade next year (should be a major upgrade year) but may not upgrade for a couple of years after that. We'll see.

Still using my 6+ which I got the day it came out four years ago. I’m itching for the latest and greatest but over a grand for a new phone is holding me back. The new iOS 12 is supposed to actually speed up the older phones so I’m waiting to see how that works out. In the past newer versions of the operating system on older devices didn’t always work so good. I forget the version but my older iPad 2 was almost a brick after upgrading several years ago.

My iPad is from 2014 and I have no plan to change it anytime soon.

I’ve got my iPad replaced for $99 when we were in Waikiki early this year. Again battery was not functioning well. Brand new IPad for $99, the only downside is I lost my photos. Luckily, I’ve already transferred them to my computer.

Went from a 5S to a 7Plus earlier in the year because the 5 was acting up and now have it for a back up in the event the 7 goes bonkers. Note I am hard on iPhones.

I voted on behalf of DW she has a 5S and I do use it from time to time. Although I am not a fan of "Apple Jail", and as far as looking stuff up on line or anything other than making a phone call, I use mine. It is OK as a phone though. I used to have one but sold it after 2 weeks. The ONLY thing I miss about it is it's size. The 5S was the last of the sensibly sized phones, Apple or any Other for that matter.

Last edited:
I still use a 5s; I’m not paying a grand for new phone. :nonono:

When I upgrade, I’ll likely get 1/2 generations older than the latest. I like the size of my 5s; not sure I’d like anything bigger.

XS/XS Max/XR
8/8 Plus/X
7/7 Plus
6S/6S Plus/SE
6/6 Plus
5S
5/5C
4S
Older iPhone

====

Behold the insanity of modern day planned obsolescence.

Still, keeps the market ticking over, I suppose.

XS/XS Max/XR
8/8 Plus/X
7/7 Plus
6S/6S Plus/SE
6/6 Plus
5S
5/5C
4S
Older iPhone

====

+1

Plus, I can buy 40 of Koogie’s avatar for the cost of a brand new iPhone. And, it will taste much better than the phone. :LOL:

XS/XS Max/XR
8/8 Plus/X
7/7 Plus
6S/6S Plus/SE
6/6 Plus
5S
5/5C
4S
Older iPhone

====

I don’t disagree (we still have our 6 Pluses), but they and the other producers wouldn’t do it if a majority of consumers didn’t reward the behavior. We get what “we” deserve...

I have 7+, DW has 6+, DDs have 5S and 6SE, one DS has 5 I think and the other is holding onto his android.

I hung on to my work 5s for more than 3 years past retirement. But it started having battery issues, so I bought an iPhone X when they were released. Got one for DW also.

Back
Top Bottom