Vanguard vs Fidelity Money Market & Brokerage Returns and Minimums.

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Is there anywhere that compares the 7 day yields on the Brokerage Sweep accounts and Prime Money Market Funds for equal minimums? Most of the Fidelity higher yield MM funds need $1m minimum to get the rate from what I can see. Vanguard is current ~2.2% with a $3k Minimum for their Prime account.

I am not a fidelity member but do have Vanguard. I am thinking of moving because Vanguard does not offer some of the investments I am interested in the future. I would rather not have 2 brokerage accounts.

Fidelity has very high ER's on money market funds, 0.42 percent on several. I invest the majority of the core money market accounts at Fidelity directly into short term Treasuries as a result. I have accounts at both entities because both offer products I want to own.

FZDXX has a current yield of 2.11% with a $100K minimum investment. Most VG funds or ETF’s can be purchased within a Fidelity account. Not sure if this is true of VG accounts or not. When I acquired FZDXX, the VG Prime MM fund was paying slightly higher, but this is one VG fund not available through Fidelity. The current yield on VMMXX is 2.21%.

That’s kind of a tough one, because to get the best and lowest costs that Vanguard has to offer, you really need a Vanguard account.

Back
Top Bottom