A personal shopper for a person who hates to shop (except tools)...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The Mrs ,DD, DS and SIL were going shopping at the outlets (40 minutes away. (It’s a place where you can see a nuclear power plant cooling tower in the distance) Since I hate shopping and DD cant make her mind up on anything I said “I’ll pass”. The Mrs asked “Do you need anything” Me: “Well my Cabela’s jacket is looking rather ratty.” (Its an intermediate weight).

They left about 9 AM. About 2 hours later the dog and I are hanging by the Gas stove relaxing/reading when I get a text with a picture of my son in a dark Under Armor jacket.. the Mrs calls ”well
?” I say it looks nice. $199 after sales & coupons $81. Bam winter coat shopping done!

There really is only one way to shop...

Last edited:
My mother was a shopper. I'm what I call a buyer. When I hit a store, I know what I need and I'm out'a there.

My wife is a shopper, however she only seldom steps foot in any mall or department store--other than Walmart which is where essentials are bought.

I finally got around to pressing all my clothes and hanging them in the closet. I was amazed to find I have over 12 pairs of khaki pants and dozens of golf shirts. In retirement, I wear jeans and t shirts most days when I'm not wearing khaki shorts. My yearly clothing expenses are maybe $100.

DW used to love to tell people how she had to buy me socks and underwear to go on our honeymoon. She loved shopping and was good at it.
I don't like shopping, especially clothes shopping. Don't mind grocery shopping if it not crowded.
If it wasn't for Amazon and restaurant gift cards folks would only get cash for gifts. But I will still get off my butt to go to the antique shop to pick out some jewellery for DDs this weekend.

I hate shopping and especially outlet malls! I don’t like sorting through rejects to find something good. I do most of my shopping online, and if I absolutely have to go to a mall, I call and check stock first, then go pick up what I want and leave.

I do enjoy shopping at small local shops or art festivals. Totally different than fighting the crowds at malls.

I was gonna say Limerick. Was just up there. I always get a sense of maybe we'll die, maybe we wont whenever we are up there. Havent died yet

I seem to recall in my younger years that I sort of liked shopping to an extent. Going to the mall was a diversion, and occasionally I would find something I liked and I would buy it.

But the problem with going to the mall now is that I know the selection is going to be so limited compared to what I can find at Amazon, and the prices are going to be higher. So I just don't see any purpose to it anymore. I still find the treasure hunt concept at Costco to be somewhat fun, and they do have good prices on stuff there so I always end up buying things when I go. But that's about the only B&M store left that I routinely go to.

I am not a fan of shopping - at all.

To the extent I shop, it is online.

DM had a black belt in shopping. DH goes shopping a few times a week. He buys the food and weekly necessaries.

Back
Top Bottom