Birthday Party

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Wanted to share ....
Tomorrow is Virg's (Virgina) 100th birthday. Just recently met her and am totally amazed. She is still quite a beauty, and looks to be about 60 years old. No wheelchair or walker, and regularly exercises. Perfect hearing.
The wonderful part of this is that she may be the sharpest, smartest person in our CCRC, regardless of age. Maybe in our entire town! She was sports announcer for our local radio station for dozens of years, and held personal interviews with many, many nationally known personalities.

I don't know how they'll handle the party, as people are coming from hundreds and even thousands of miles away. The meeting room supports about 60 people, and there will be hundreds attending. She's practicing the quick hug and kiss, and will have no problem with names.

We had a sit-down discussion about a month ago, that lasted for hours. Interests as wide as the ocean, in dozens of disciplines, and mostly up to date on all. We have a date next week after the party, to learn about Alexa. She'll pick it up in a few minutes.

Am quite certain she'll outlive me, but in the meantime... We'll all enjoy her delightful personality, quick wit and positive attitude.

No kidding... this is an amazing experience. There IS hope!!!:LOL:

Last edited:
Post a pic of her if you may.

I'd love to meet someone like her, just think of the great conversations you could have.

Tnx

_B

My aunt is like that at 93. Still living in her own apartment.

Back
Top Bottom