Retirement follow up

Alderman

Dryer sheet aficionado
I started permanent vacation in May and officially retired the second week of October. It still feels like I am dreaming. I catch myself thinking of when the vacation is over and I have to return to work.
The wife is on Medicare and I have affordable Cobra coverage for 18 months.
My 401K has been rolled into an IRA. IMG_0492.jpgIMG_0421.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0425.jpgIMG_0404.jpg
A couple of my hobbies are hunting and cutting firewood. I was fortunate to purchase a 40 acre woodlot behind our home with enough wood available to keep me as busy as I want to be.
In just a two minute quad ride I can be up on the ridge enjoying the view. So far no regrets.

Beautiful! I also would be lost with out my ranch. It was easy for me to retire when you have a place you want to spend time at. IMO

Beautiful! and congratulations on your retirement!

Beautiful view! Congratulations. I think that retirement is wonderful.

Absolutely beautiful. You’re clearly on cloud 9 :) The biggest congrats to you!

I started permanent vacation in May and officially retired the second week of October. It still feels like I am dreaming. I catch myself thinking of when the vacation is over and I have to return to work.
The wife is on Medicare and I have affordable Cobra coverage for 18 months.
My 401K has been rolled into an IRA. View attachment 30104View attachment 30105View attachment 30106View attachment 30107View attachment 30108
A couple of my hobbies are hunting and cutting firewood. I was fortunate to purchase a 40 acre woodlot behind our home with enough wood available to keep me as busy as I want to be.
In just a two minute quad ride I can be up on the ridge enjoying the view. So far no regrets.

You live close to me. Monsoons back today

Congratulations - that’s a beautiful place!

Now, that age old woodcutting question: Husqvarna or Stihl....lol.

I know, that’s kind of like Ford, Chevy or Dodge truck comparisons!

Shindaiwa gets it done too! Love that smell of fresh cut wood and burning premix in the morning....

[…]
Aw, thank you for posting this! Every time a forum member posts about his or her recent retirement, I remember how happy I felt soon after my 2009 retirement, and smile. :D BTW, it just gets better and better, or at least it did for me. :)

Love your photos! What a scenic retirement location.

Your ER sounds just like mine. I keep about 6 cords of split wood (birch) on hand and a freezer full of venison. The simple life in the big woods is great.

I just got a quad and really enjoy it. I'm a Stihl guy, we've got a great dealer in the nearby town and that's the brand they handle. Got a brush cutter a couple years ago and love it. If you have trails on your property I'd recommend one.

Good for you Alderman !

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your retirement. Nice pictures. I bought a tractor earlier this year. I chain saw is on the list. Some might think our hobbies are w*rk. :)

Wow - fantastic! Really glad you're enjoying it. Nice pictures!

(I can't wait to retire! 13 1/2 months - the countdown has begun.)

You have a wonderful view! Enjoy your retirement! :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations on your retirement. I also retired recently and have never looked back. I don’t have the scenic mountain views you have but living in Florida for the last 25 years is nice. The beaches are an hour away and the winters are beautiful. I just have to watch out for the alligators that are pretty much in all bodies of water. I have seen them come out and lay out under the palm trees just catching a few rays. It’s nice that you don’t have hurricanes to deal with during the season like we have

Where are your photos from? Looks like the Pacific Northwest, perhaps Mt St Helens near the WA/OR border - but your profile says Arizona. I didn't think Arizona could look like that.

Back
Top Bottom