Blow That Dough! - 2019

Bought an electric Runtal towel warmer. $2300. Made in Deutschland. Beautiful construction.
610FDVxPKgL._SX466_.jpg

https://runtalnorthamerica.com

Wow. RobbieB needs to step up his game...

DW is going on a trip to South Korea for 5 weeks. I will be joining her in 4 weeks for a week stay for me as well. She asked me how much she can spend in Korea, given that I am in charge of our finances. I told her she has no limit on spending. FIRE is being able to say "no limit" on occasion like this. :dance:

In the 80's I made frequent trips there. My wife ask for a silk blouse. I ask how much I should spend.. She said no more than $50. I came had 10! She also got eel skin purses. She might have to spend more on suitcases!:)

Does that price include installation?

Does that price [of the Runtal towel warmer] include installation?
No.
I paid an electrician $200 to wire it, but I could have done it myself. I though maybe it would require GFI, but it did not.
I (with the help of my neighbor) mounted it on/to the wall. The mounting brackets are works of engineering art.

We needed a left-hand electrical connection. There are very few out there (available in the USA).
We wanted quality and not some $200 Wayfair piece of crap made in China.

The Toto toilet (Aimes - WASHLET®+ S550e One-Piece Toilet - 1.28 GPF) is next. I also had the electrician add an outlet for it.

Last edited:
Cool. Once a bidet, always a bidet. Not to mention the bun warmer seat!

Hmm, the towel racks I see in Europe I think use steam?

I think the one cool luxury would be installing heated bathroom floors.

Though I'm not one who takes long baths or showers anyways.

No.
I paid an electrician $200 to wire it, but I could have done it myself. I though maybe it would require GFI, but it did not.
I (with the help of my neighbor) mounted it on/to the wall. The mounting brackets are works of engineering art.

We needed a left-hand electrical connection. There are very few out there (available in the USA).
We wanted quality and not some $200 Wayfair piece of crap made in China.

The Toto toilet (Aimes - WASHLET®+ S550e One-Piece Toilet - 1.28 GPF) is next. I also had the electrician add an outlet for it.

Is this your bathroom?

Toto-Aimes-WASHLET-One-Piece-Elongated-1.28-GPF-Universal-Height-Skirted-Toilet-with-CEFIONTECT-Cotton-White-MS626124CEFG-01-10381229-7509-4dee-a497-ff0c9ee0fa66.jpg

Hey - our new air conditioner cost more than that towel warmer!

Now I can tell my watch to set the house temperature! Even when away from home.

Is this your bathroom?

Toto-Aimes-WASHLET-One-Piece-Elongated-1.28-GPF-Universal-Height-Skirted-Toilet-with-CEFIONTECT-Cotton-White-MS626124CEFG-01-10381229-7509-4dee-a497-ff0c9ee0fa66.jpg

Hmmm... That big bathroom, and the poor owner has to take a dump without any privacy. And I hope the room has good ventilation, because the usual bathroom fan will not be sufficient to aerate a room that large to keep it from getting smelly after use.

Hey - our new air conditioner cost more than that towel warmer!

Now I can tell my watch to set the house temperature! Even when away from home.

And I still have not installed the Nest thermostat I was gifted. This thermostat can be set remotely from the Web, I think.

I figure I will let whoever breaks into my house set the temperature to his liking.

Last edited:
Hmmm... That big bathroom, and the poor owner has to take a dump without any privacy.

Not only that, look at the shower! Why anybody would put in that type of shower, and leave a little step to get into it like that I do not know. The techniques for constructing a roll in shower (that can accomodate walkers, wheelchairs, or just plain unsteady elderly or disabled folks) has been known for a very long time. Also I see no grab bars in the shower.

I like my own, smaller, 1965-ish bathroom MUCH better. :)

And where's the heated towel rack?

And there's no place near the commode to store a Reader's Digest or Farmer's Almanac.

Not even a roll of TP

I am pretty sure the body sprays from the shower can be used to wash your backside when you have finished your business on the commode. You might be able to tell your watch that you are ready to be cleansed.

Ordered my very first recliner, for the recovery period after my knee surgery in August.

It's one of those "old people" type recliners, that has a lift function to help you stand up. Sounds great for those whose knees are less than ideal.

Blow That Dough for stress relief! Consumer therapy to the rescue. :LOL:

White Glove delivery wasn't an option, and F has some medical restrictions on lifting. But, if we can get it into the house (or get Fedex to do that) then we have a month to push it across the house and into place. Delivery is next week so TS Barry won't create problems.

I got one of those for Pops. His Dr. wrote a script so Medicare reimbursed some.

dropped $14K on a kitchen reno for our short-term rental this May, love the outcome. The price included all new kitchen cabinets and counters, most of the kitchen appliances, new flooring, all new washer/dryer, and all labor plus some light fixtures. We also got new curtains and rods, and new patio furniture in the price. The old kitchen was from the 80s. Now it's back on the market with new bookings.

Ordered my very first recliner, for the recovery period after my knee surgery in August.

It's one of those "old people" type recliners, that has a lift function to help you stand up. Sounds great for those whose knees are less than ideal.

Blow That Dough for stress relief! Consumer therapy to the rescue. :LOL:

White Glove delivery wasn't an option, and F has some medical restrictions on lifting. But, if we can get it into the house (or get Fedex to do that) then we have a month to push it across the house and into place. Delivery is next week so TS Barry won't create problems.

Don't be surprised if it comes in multiple pieces for your easy assembly!

Don't be surprised if it comes in multiple pieces for your easy assembly!

:LOL: Well, at least it would be easier to move it to where I want it! I have a sturdy laundry cart that I could use to do that, if the pieces are not too big.

As for the assembly, F will probably help and he is unusually good at that sort of thing. I'm not.

As for the assembly, F will probably help and he is unusually good at that sort of thing. I'm not.

The last recliner we purchased required assembly. It was in two sections, the base and the back. Slide the back into a couple of slots in the base, listen for the "click", and we were done. Even a [-]Texan[/-] [-]caveman[/-] geezer could do it. :)

Back
Top Bottom