Blow That Dough! - 2019

Dropped about 30Grand redoing our home. Booked Eastern Europe trip for May 2020, opting to do our own airfare (business class). Will do our usual Fort Lauderdale vaca and cruise above and beyond Eastern Europe. Going to a lot more plays and other entertainments.
And after 35 frustrating years will throw in the towel and hire some sort of lawn service that can figure out how to grow grass in my backyard.
One LBYM-type action: DW still won't let me buy that $7500 Cervelo bicycle.

DH bought the latest iPhone and I bought a Samsung galaxy notebook.

Replaced all interior and exterior and patio French, garage doors on a 40 year old house. While not necessarily blow that dough amount of money, the doors are still in good shape. I had them all replaced because we could. Love the new antique bronze handles too.

Just ordered a Toto toilet TOTO MW6423046CEFG#01 for $1920
toto-mw6423046cefg-01.jpg

Enjoyed a three-week vacation in France. Have the following trips booked:

Feb. '20 - Bonaire

May '20 - Amsterdam

Sept. '20 - Portugal

Jan 2020 - Tokyo
Sep 2020 - England

Enjoyed a three-week vacation in France. Have the following trips booked:

Feb. '20 - Bonaire

May '20 - Amsterdam

Sept. '20 - Portugal

Vincenzo, I will wave at you in February from Cartagena, Colombia, LOL! Just booked a month long trip in Colombia for January/February. I can't really call it a vacation since I am retired now and everyday is a vacation. I prefer to say that I am lspending a month living like a local in South America.

Small update on the hip replacement adventure:

1. Still in hospital (will overnight and go home tomorrow after PT exercise class)

2. Walked the length of the corridor (250' est) with walker.

3. Ate dinner of blackened whitefish, rice and steamed veggies. It was very good.

4. Taking a pain pill every 4 hours, but pain is 3/10. I'm sure it will get worse after the 24 hour nerve block wears out tomorrow. Time will tell.

5. Watching the Monday Night football game! :)

Small update on the hip replacement adventure:

1. Still in hospital (will overnight and go home tomorrow after PT exercise class)

2. Walked the length of the corridor (250' est) with walker.

3. Ate dinner of blackened whitefish, rice and steamed veggies. It was very good.

4. Taking a pain pill every 4 hours, but pain is 3/10. I'm sure it will get worse after the 24 hour nerve block wears out tomorrow. Time will tell.

5. Watching the Monday Night football game! :)

Good to hear. Wishing you a full recovery.

Bummer to have to blow dough on a surgery.

Vincenzo, I will wave at you in February from Cartagena, Colombia, LOL! Just booked a month long trip in Colombia for January/February. I can't really call it a vacation since I am retired now and everyday is a vacation. I prefer to say that I am lspending a month living like a local in South America.

So that is something I'd like to try, living a month like a local.
Do you have any tips on renting a place ?
What countries have you done this in ?

Vincenzo, I will wave at you in February from Cartagena, Colombia, LOL! Just booked a month long trip in Colombia for January/February. I can't really call it a vacation since I am retired now and everyday is a vacation. I prefer to say that I am spending a month living like a local in South America.

That sounds wonderful! I hope you write-up a trip report on your travels - I'd love to hear about it.

I'm (semi-)retired (i.e., I currently don't work and not sweating it, but I'd take work if something came along), but DW is still working. Once she retires, we plan on doing the same - picking a destination, renting a place, and living there for a month or two.

OMG. You are "old".
iPad for all my potty reading time.
I read magazines (we get about 14) in the reading room (AKA 3rd bedroom)

I am not a 71 y.o. old fart nerd, but yeah you got me.
Good laugh.

Not wanting to be left out of this group, so got wife a new car. :) A 2020 Lexus RX 350. Boy are these advanced safety features nice.

36e5a4ece02f100b4bd4352779f75776.jpg

Was tired of driving a pickup truck, can get by without that much capacity. Went to the Porsche dealer to look for a Cayenne. Drove it, loved it, decided the C had plenty of power. Started the dicker dance on one that really wasn't my first choice of color. Saw on the net they had the dark gray I really wanted, in a Cayenne S. Besides, I thought the exhausts looked way cool. Bam. I love it, that's clearly blowing dough! Only thing left is to start paying for business class; I just don't think I can DO that!:LOL: Interestingly, the manager turned me over to a salesman to familiarize me with the gadgetry. Turns out he's the guy who moved in two doors down; says this is his post retirement job! Now, if I was qualified for that that might be fun! The dealership has cheap cars (Porsche) :LOL: Maseratis, Ferarris, and Bentleys! You walk in past all these red monsters, go through a hallway to get to the budget cars (Porsches). That's when you realize that, yeah, I'm well off but there's a bunch that are better off! It always amazes me how many "used" Ferrari's and the like are there with less than 3-5k miles on them. Guess people are too scared to expose them to the road.

Back
Top Bottom