Heaven on Earth in Retirement

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Fall - Winter, Wind blowing, leaves falling off the trees, in the easy chair in the den, fireplace going, purring cat on lap, sleeping dog by my side, cup of coffee, surfing the net

Spring, no fireplace, warm morning, trees full, birds chirping.......

Summer, out on the boat or surfboard

Actually happens some days

It is a wonderful life isn't it? Lol
Hunting, fishing, trapping, hiking, ranch/cabin life, all year around is my heaven.

I love it! Doing what I want, when I want, all year long. Our pup sure has taken to it also. He loves having us around more for snuggles.

Our dogs have gotten so spoiled and they get indignant when we leave.

I do love the seasons. This past winter has been tough, although I choose when/if I want to go out, what time, what clothes to wear, how long I stay out. Do I want to watch the snow come down from inside or go out and play in it. And when it all turns to ice, hot tea and Netflix.

Although Winter is my least favorite time of the year, some days are nice. Watching an old movie by the fireplace or reading a book. Fortunately we don't get a lot of cold weather as I would miss playing golf.

Get up in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea. Feed and play with the cats. Have an early morning bike ride then stop by the local coffee shop for some green tea and conversation. On some mornings walk down to the beach but avoid the few days when the temperature drops into the 40s. Then spend time with my wife, or doing projects, playing in the garden, going to the matinee movie, shopping at Costco, working on my pottery, take a nap, make plans for another place to travel, etc.

Right now I guess I will spend some time on taxes. The only dark cloud this time of year.

Cheers!

Living each day on our terms. After living 50 years under the terms of others, it is indeed as close to heaven this rock can provide.

Big day today. Got the grooming truck due shortly to give the fluffster his monthly shave. Fluffster is not a fan. :mad:

After that, some springtime putzing in the yard and garden Should be a good day to flop in the hammock for perhaps 30 minutes. :)

We are finally in the low 60’s after a long winter. Past 2 days we have done long walks. The Maltese love it too.

I am sitting on our porch looking out at South Mountain. It is a beautiful day today. The picture is from the airport webcam a half mile from our home.

Attachments

• easywebcam.jpg
    easywebcam.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 40
We experience 5 seasons here in my part of Texas.

Winter, Jan, Feb (get 2 or 3 overnight freezes a year, maybe)
Spring, Mar
Summer, Apr, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sept, Oct (months in the red text are really hot)
Fall, Nov, Dec
Retirement, all year around and it's great

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom