Delurking, happy to introduce myself

Goldendoodlebug

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi FIRE folks.i just answered on another thread and thought I’d better come and introduce myself.
I have read and lurked here for several years. First came to E-R a couple of yrs before retirement and have been retired since September, 2015.
This board has been so helpful to me over the yrs.
Hmm, how much information to share?
I am a retired Social Worker and w*rked for the government. My husband was also a federal employee, we both retired 2015. I have a very small pension, his is a bit bigger and we have some savings. He turns 62 in September and will collect SS then. I’m planning to wait until at least FRA, then play it by ear.
We have no children but two cats and a dog 🐕 hence the golden doodle name.

We have enough money to live on, but certainly aren’t rich.
We live in the PNW and love it here. We are active and hike, ride bikes, walk our dog.
Love to travel, me much more than my husband, who would just as soon stay home, but generally has a good time once he is there.
I appreciate the good advice and sense of humor of people on the board and enjoy browsing all the topics.
That’s it for now, hope to begin contributing more in the future.

Welcome! Sounds like you're fully RE! Enjoy!

Welcome! I love the Pacific Northwest - you're so lucky to have such beautiful scenery for your hikes. Looking forward to seeing more posts!

Thanks to both.
(Hmm, I wrote a message but didn’t hit send, if I have a double post that’s why)
I’ll try to post more often.
I really enjoy hanging out here.

Welcome and hope to see more posts in the future.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to reading your posts.

Yes Montecfo I have a golden doodle, Avatar1562213999.669851.jpg

Aren’t they the best? Rufus is a small dog without all of his hair, he only weighs about 35 pounds.

Very cute. I love playing with dogs, but don't own one.

Welcome to the ER community from one of the newer members.

Welcome from another PNW resident here. We retired 4 years ago in 2015 also. We keep thinking we will move to a less expensive area than here but just can't seem to give up the beauty. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Welcome. Keep on traveling and having something to look forward to. And put off drawing Social Security as long as possible--even if it's just one year. Taking SS later comes with a good payback.

Welcome. I love walking with my dog too. A neighbor commented that I was very good about taking the dog for a walk. I replied that my dog was nice enough to accompany me on my walks.

Back
Top Bottom