An evening out

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DH & I rarely go to concerts but the kids bought us tickets for Christmas. The venue was crowded with little seating but the acts were fantastic.

If you haven't heard Jimmie Herrod you should: https://jimmiebeingjimmie.com/ Scroll down through that site to watch OPB's interview.
A local (Portland) with a Master's Degree in Jazz Studies from Portland State University.

The main act was Kandace Springs. An all-female trio all first-rate. This is the only video I could find with the same drum (Taylor Moore) and bassist (Caylen Bryant) players.

Last edited:
Excellent! There's so much talent out there.
I liked Kandace Springs' Sade cover.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I never heard of either of them. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed both of them.

Occasionally watch OPB. To each their own. Go to a lot of concerts. Mostly rock. Will wait for the local Oregon Art Beat to check them out.

I really like the directions new jazz artists like these women are taking, incorporating elements of other genres into their music. I was watching an "American Masters" doc on Miles Davis the other evening -- he did the same thing repeatedly and opened himself up to a whole new audience.

Thanks for posting.

We've been visiting some friends near Wickenburg, AZ. Their daughter works at the Webb center for performing arts, and they often sponsor shows there. We've seen Black Violin, Eagles tribute band, and Rhythm of the Dance by National dance company of Ireland. All very good performances. Last night we went to a meet/greet with the Texas Tenors and had a great time with them.

Back
Top Bottom